Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Transfer rumours

1 hour ago, markymark said:

Aston Villa are closing in on the signing of Club Brugge striker Wesley Moraes, according to reports in Belgium.

Reputable outlet HLN.BE is reporting that Villa have agreed a £22m deal with Brugge which will see Moraes become their record signing, eclipsing the initial £18m paid for Darren Bent in 2011.

The 22-year-old is said to have signed a five-year contract with Villa, who are flexing their muscles in the transfer market after securing promotion to the Premier League.

This seems to be happening...

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Reckon Philips would be a good addition--look how he faired against Jack in that awful Elland Road game

--he has defensive quality,s which i reckon would rise to premiership standards--and with him holding back would release Jack SJM and Conor to do what they are best at----attack attack and attack,

VTID

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

9 minutes ago, avstu said:

This seems to be happening...

Subject to work permit and medical,  according to john percy.  Arriving in Birmingham this weekend.  Heard he's very highly rated, looks a Hugh physical specimen.  Reminds me of Benteke in physical size.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

4 minutes ago, markymark said:

Subject to work permit and medical,  according to john percy.  Arriving in Birmingham this weekend.  Heard he's very highly rated, looks a Hugh physical specimen.  Reminds me of Benteke in physical size.

Let's hope he's better than that donkey!  😂 

mzjj.jpg

29 minutes ago, markymark said:

Looks massive although his goal scoring record isnt anything to write home about.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

14 minutes ago, accute attention to derail said:

I have never heard of Moraes, but I trust Smith on this.  Also, this is final confirmation that we are definitely not going to get Abraham (which we always knew, to be honest).

Probably nowt to do with Smith to be honest...one of the problems often associated with a director of football. 

As Stu said, his goalscoring record isn't anything to do write home about...in (let's be honest) a really poor league. And Brugge are a decent team in that league as well. 

I'm just fed up of being linked with every tom dick and harry. Can we not just fast forward to the first game of the season please?! 😭

mzjj.jpg

Aston villa official site confirmed it's a done deal, subject to clearance. 

According to a report from The Sun, newly promoted Aston Villa are interested in making a move for Brighton and Hove Albion’s £30 million-rated centre-back Lewis Dunk.

TEAMtalk reported earlier this week that Premier League side Brighton and Hove Albion value centre-back star Lewis Dunk at £30 million, with clubs interested in securing the defender’s signature this summer. Leicester City have been linked with a move for Dunk and speculation regarding Harry Maguire persists.

Now, it has been said by The Sun that Aston Villa are interested in Dunk as well. Villa are moving quickly to prepare for the 2019/20 Premier League season, reportedly agreeing on a deal to sign Brazilian striker Wesley Moraes in a massive £22 million transfer from Belgian Jupiler League side Club Brugge.