Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Transfer rumours

Aston Villa are ready to bid for Stoke City goalkeeper Jack Butland, BirminghamLiveunderstands.

The 26-year-old stopper will leave the Potters this summer for Premier League football and Villa are keen.

Bournemouth and Crystal Palace are also interested in the England ace but it’s Villa who are ready to lodge a bid.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Do we really need him?  Has Jed Steer not done enough?  Did he not come good in the latter half of the season and prove himself?  I can't help feeling that we should stick with Steer and develop a talented young second goalkeeper.  Not Noyland, though.  I have never been comfortable with him.  He worries me.

4 hours ago, rogerstan said:

everyone needs a second decent keeper,

Agree with that. The others don’t seem that great and Butland is a decent keeper. Steer has also been fantastic for us this season, it will be good for competition and also injury cover.

Just said on the radio that Stoke have put a £23 million price tag on his head.

21 hours ago, dorset lion said:

Jota, El Ghazi and hopefully Mings, Hause, Tuanzebe, Maupay and Benrahma, all have a working relationship with Smith who must think they are capable of playing in the PL and it would offer a level of continuity.

If we sign that lot I still think we need a RB and LB and a proven striker wouldn't go amiss. That's a lot of signings for one summer but we've released a lot.

I think that the club are laying down the foundations to rebuilding the squad and a few quality players will join later in the summer.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

17 hours ago, accute attention to derail said:

Do we really need him?  Has Jed Steer not done enough?  Did he not come good in the latter half of the season and prove himself?  I can't help feeling that we should stick with Steer and develop a talented young second goalkeeper.  Not Noyland, though.  I have never been comfortable with him.  He worries me.

Without doubt. Hes by far a more superior goalkeeper to anything else we have at the club.

He is around 26 so is about to hit the peak of his career while he still has around 10 years playing time left. Would be a great signing IMO should it happen.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

45 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Just said on the radio that Stoke have put a £23 million price tag on his head.

I would pay that no question.

Mellberg_Signature.png

17 minutes ago, avstu said:

I would pay that no question.

Exactly what they said on the radio.

i just worry about spending so much. 

would be great if we signed Butland and mings. Would mean a good spine of Butland, Mings,  grealish and mcginn. 

Get well soon Petrov