Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Transfer rumours

1. Home
  2. Sport
  3. Football
  4. Aston Villa FC

Aston Villa transfer news: Dean Smith closes on second summer signing

Anwar El Ghazi impressed on loan last season as Villa clinched promotion back to the Premier League

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

• 12:33, 6 JUN 2019

Play Video

CLICK TO PLAY
TRANSFER UPDATE: THE LATEST TRANSFER GOSSIP FROM OUR REPORTERS

Get the biggest Football stories by email
Subscribe

Aston Villa are stepping up preparations for their Premier League return by closing in on the permanent £8million signing of Anwar El Ghazi.

Dutch international winger El Ghazi, 24, has impressed on loan from Lille this term and scored six goals for Dean Smith's promoted side.

His feats include netting in the play-off final win over Derby and Villa now expect to complete his permanent signature in the next 24 hours for around £8m as per a clause in his loan.

He will join new signing Jota who has already moved to the club after a £4m deal with Birmingham City was completed.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

I'm sure Hause, El Ghazi and Mings are all a matter of when, not if. 

We've been linked with Charlie Austin. We could do a lot worse, but would like to see us sign a young prospect as well for the future.

3 hours ago, Kieren90 said:

We've been linked with Charlie Austin. We could do a lot worse, but would like to see us sign a young prospect as well for the future.

I hope not.  He's 29 and only really Championship standard.  We need much better than him.  He's the sort of player we settled for in the past.

The amount of has beens and Championship no-go's we are getting linked with is ridiculous. Some do not fill me with confidence whatsoever! 

The squad as it stands is looking very weak I'm depth and quality for this league. Tammy and Axel have put cryptic posts suggesting that they won't be coming back, which would be a damn shame. We absolutely need to get Mings in, and another centre back as we'd only have 3 with Hause, Chester and Mings. 

mzjj.jpg

Having said that Axel has messaged Jack back on Instagram saying "lead us in the prem skip" 

Which would be an odd thing to say to someone of a different team surely??

mzjj.jpg

Aston Villa have lodged a bid for Brentford attacker Said Benrahma, according to reports.

The Daily Star is citing a story in France which claims Villa have offered  €10m for the winger.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

8 hours ago, Apollo said:

El Ghazi has signed 🙂

Good news.

Purslow is meeting with the fan groups tomorrow. I am very interested to see the outcome of that.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

1 hour ago, avstu said:

Good news.

Purslow is meeting with the fan groups tomorrow. I am very interested to see the outcome of that.

It is going to be an exciting summer for sure.

Jota, El Ghazi and hopefully Mings, Hause, Tuanzebe, Maupay and Benrahma, all have a working relationship with Smith who must think they are capable of playing in the PL and it would offer a level of continuity.

If we sign that lot I still think we need a RB and LB and a proven striker wouldn't go amiss. That's a lot of signings for one summer but we've released a lot.