Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Transfer rumours

2 minutes ago, Apollo said:

I just hope we can secure the likes of Mings and El Ghazi.

need to try and keep the core of the team. Don’t want to do a Fulham.

My thoughts exactly mate. My prediction is that we will execute the clauses we have on El Ghazi and Hause, plus buy Mings. I also predict us keeping Whelo for a year as well. 

Other than that it's 50/50 on Axel and Tammy. I'd rather us buy Axel out of the two if I'm honest. There are plenty of premier league strikers around that can score 10-15 goals a season with our style of football, but the back 5 we need to keep in tact 

mzjj.jpg

I'll take rumours with a pinch of salt but whoever comes in I'll trust that Dean Smith sees something in the player he can work with, good coaches can improve players.

Its rumoured we are after Maupay.

BirminghamLive understand the deal to bring Birmingham City winger Jota to Aston Villa is now complete.

The deal between Villa and Blues means Gary Gardner is expected to go the other way; the midfielder spent last season on loan at Blues and impressed in central midfield - and is set to make that temporary switch a permanent one.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Aston Villa has today released eight players.

They are Mile Jedinak, Alan Hutton, Tommy Elphick, Albert Adomah, Glenn Whelan, Ritchie De Laet, Mark Bunn and Micah Richards.

We’d like to thank all of them for their contributions and wish them the best of luck for the future.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

A few quid a month gone right there.

Roughly around £1M a month?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

6 minutes ago, avstu said:

I'd say about 1.1 mill yeah. Hefty chunk off! 

Jota deal off apparently and a bid for Etheridge rejected from Cardiff for 8mill. 

Can see us getting trigger happy here if some of these stories are true, imo Steer should be trusted, he's done well enough up until now surely? 

mzjj.jpg

4 minutes ago, JustRich said:

I'd say about 1.1 mill yeah. Hefty chunk off! 

Jota deal off apparently and a bid for Etheridge rejected from Cardiff for 8mill. 

Can see us getting trigger happy here if some of these stories are true, imo Steer should be trusted, he's done well enough up until now surely? 

Where is this about Jota? I heard we were waiting on Blues and Gardner?

Personally I can't see us going in for another goalkeeper

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

1 hour ago, avstu said:

Could be a fair bit more, Richards and Jedinak alone could account for about half of that if reports of their wages are true.

Club statement just made.  Ross McCormack is to leave Villa after signing a variation agreement (which is just an agreement between the two parties of a contract to amend it whilst it is still running).

Laymen's terms;  paid the pr*ck off and he's gone.

Better gate than never...... I'll get me coat ....

Wow these owners mean business. Paying Mccormack off would've been seriously money...okay he's only got a year left but 70,000 a week for 12 months is pretty much what he'd have been paid, maybe a tad less. 

Oddly I can't wait until football manager 2020 because it'll be the first time I don't have to clear out all the old/not needed players lol

mzjj.jpg