Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Transfer rumours

Read Marvelous agreed deal late night, should be announced today.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Aston Villa is delighted to announce the signing of Marvelous Nakamba from Club Brugge.

The 24-year-old midfielder joins the club for an undisclosed fee.Nakamba started his career in his homeland of Zimbabwe before getting his first taste of European football with Nancy in France.

He has since gone on to play for Vitesse Arnhem in the Netherlands and Club Brugge in Belgium, playing Champions League football with the latter.

End of business imo. Not sure on a few of the guys we've signed but I'm cautiously optimistic. 

I've joked with people that we're winning the league but I'm all honesty staying up is the priority. I don't see how we'll finish anything above 12th tbh. 

Gk Heaton/Steer/Kalinic
RB Elmo/Guilbert/Bree
Lb Targett/Taylor/Hause
Cb Mings/Engels/Chester/Konsa/Hause/Bree
Cdm Luiz/Nakamba/Konsa/Bjarnason/Tishbola
Cm McGinn/Lansbury/Bjarnason/Hourihane
Cam Grealish/Hourihane/O'Hare/Lansbury
Rw Jota/Trezeguet/Kodja
Lw El Ghazi/Green/Kodja
Str Wesley/Kodja/Hogan/Davis/Hepburn-Murphy

Sell Nyland, Tishbola, Hogan
Loan out Hepburn-Murphy, o'hare, Davis and Bree

mzjj.jpg

5 hours ago, JustRich said:

End of business imo. Not sure on a few of the guys we've signed but I'm cautiously optimistic. 

I've joked with people that we're winning the league but I'm all honesty staying up is the priority. I don't see how we'll finish anything above 12th tbh. 

Gk Heaton/Steer/Kalinic
RB Elmo/Guilbert/Bree
Lb Targett/Taylor/Hause
Cb Mings/Engels/Chester/Konsa/Hause/Bree
Cdm Luiz/Nakamba/Konsa/Bjarnason/Tishbola
Cm McGinn/Lansbury/Bjarnason/Hourihane
Cam Grealish/Hourihane/O'Hare/Lansbury
Rw Jota/Trezeguet/Kodja
Lw El Ghazi/Green/Kodja
Str Wesley/Kodja/Hogan/Davis/Hepburn-Murphy

Sell Nyland, Tishbola, Hogan
Loan out Hepburn-Murphy, o'hare, Davis and Bree

Still need a striker.  I think one more transfer and we are done.  Then a lot of the players will be sent out on loan or sold, such as BB, O Hare, Hepburn Tish and Hogan

I can't see much else but I think Maupay would still be a good idea. 

Depth will be important but I hope one or two leave to get them off the wage bill. I hope some of the younger guys can be sent on loan and hopefully can still have a part to play going forward.

Really excited by our business and I don't think we could argue any of it wasn't needed, I just hope everyone remains patient as it might take time to get things going with all the new players like when Smith originally came in. 

I think Heaton could be a huge signing, you wont get anywhere without  a steady keeper and he's the only one in the squad who I would trust. Will make a huge difference. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

Andre Green is close to joining Championship side Preston North End on a season-long loan deal, according to reports.

The 21-year-old is apparently on North End's radar and could be set for another loan spell away from Villa Park .

Few suggesting that 2 more will come in if Green goes.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

29 minutes ago, accute attention to derail said:

I was hoping they would be able to sell Hogan and get at least a bit of the money they shelled out on him, not send him out on loan.

Who is to say they wont sell him?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Andre Green (Preston) and Jack Doyle-Hayes (Cheltenham) have both left the club on loan this evening.

Mellberg_Signature.png