FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

As much as i am enjoying all these signings, is anyone else got some worry in the back of their mind that we have made too many changes?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too much change can be a problem but we released players that were not always first choice in the championship and 4 of our first choice outfield players were on loan, we need to make more signings th

I think a lot of deals are all depending on holidays. Agents can only do so much without the players.

Agreed Elmo and Taylor will certainly Imo stay this season and I believe that at the end of the season they are then out of contract and they can then be released. To big a job to completely over

32 minutes ago, avstu said:

As much as i am enjoying all these signings, is anyone else got some worry in the back of their mind that we have made too many changes?

Potentially 8 of the team that started at Wembley will start at Spurs. 

A judgement was made that we had a lot of ageing back up players no longer good enough for the PL so we released them, none of them are attracting interest from other PL clubs so 19 other managers must also feel they are no longer good enough.

We had to sign a lot of players, I'd be worried if we hadn't as the squad is still smaller than last season.

The worry is how good will they be, we will soon find out how good our new scouting system is.

6 minutes ago, dorset lion said:

Potentially 8 of the team that started at Wembley will start at Spurs. 

A judgement was made that we had a lot of ageing back up players no longer good enough for the PL so we released them, none of them are attracting interest from other PL clubs so 19 other managers must also feel they are no longer good enough.

We had to sign a lot of players, I'd be worried if we hadn't as the squad is still smaller than last season.

The worry is how good will they be, we will soon find out how good our new scouting system is.

Indeed. We was speaking about this in the pub before Charlton yesterday.

We have been here before spending on lots of unknowns and we got relegated that season. There is such a feel good factor around Villa at the moment, i just dont want it to end.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

On 7/28/2019 at 7:56 PM, avstu said:

Indeed. We was speaking about this in the pub before Charlton yesterday.

We have been here before spending on lots of unknowns and we got relegated that season. There is such a feel good factor around Villa at the moment, i just dont want it to end.

We signed a lot of crap that summer, a club without any off field direction that had been sinking for years and had Sherwood in charge, a man who'd never signed a player before he came here....I'd like to think we are a completely different proposition now.

just been said on Sky Villa have signed Tom Heaton for £9M --33 yrs of age--

Marvelous deal is still on going---if El Ghazi  and Guilbert are included-- a whole new team can be fielded, 

Heaton

Guilbert  Konza  Engels Targett

Marvelous  Luiz

El Ghazi      jota      Trezeguet

Wesley

Bench:: Steer  Mings  Hause   Jack  SJM  Hourihane, Elmo,

it will be very intersting to see the side on the field at Spurs,

VTID-------------

VTID---

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

4 hours ago, freddy said:

just been said on Sky Villa have signed Tom Heaton for £9M --33 yrs of age--

Marvelous deal is still on going---if El Ghazi  and Guilbert are included-- a whole new team can be fielded, 

Heaton

Guilbert  Konza  Engels Targett

Marvelous  Luiz

El Ghazi      jota      Trezeguet

Wesley

Bench:: Steer  Mings  Hause   Jack  SJM  Hourihane, Elmo,

it will be very intersting to see the side on the field at Spurs,

VTID-------------

VTID---

My guess would be that a few of the signings will be introduced slowly and that we might not change too much straight away.

I'd suggest       Steer

Elmo    Engels Mings  Targett

Hourihane

El Ghazi  McGinn Grealish  Jota

Wesley

But with competition for every spot the only ones I'm convinced will start unless injured are Mings, McGinn, Grealish and Wesley.

20 minutes ago, dorset lion said:

My guess would be that a few of the signings will be introduced slowly and that we might not change too much straight away.

I'd suggest       Steer

Elmo    Engels Mings  Targett

Hourihane

El Ghazi  McGinn Grealish  Jota

Wesley

But with competition for every spot the only ones I'm convinced will start unless injured are Mings, McGinn, Grealish and Wesley.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Heaton was thrown straight in. Been involved heavily in Burnley’s pre-season and English. I’d imagine he settles pretty quickly.

read somewhere today that it has a Brad Friedel feeling to the signing.

Mellberg_Signature.png

21 hours ago, steve.crowford said:

Why can't we sign is not expensive very young striker? For example Luca Waldschmidt - 2019 Euro U-21 Top scorer
Look at his goals 

Villa are apparently in the hunt for a striker with Maupay being one of them. There is someone else they are looking at that would apparently shock many. Unsure who it is.

Mellberg_Signature.png

Aston Villa is delighted to announce the signing of Tom Heaton from Burnley.

The England international joins up with Villa for an undisclosed fee.

Once on the books at Manchester United, Heaton spent the early part of his career on loan at a number of clubs in the UK and abroad before signing a permanent deal with Cardiff City.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

• avstu unpinned this topic