FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Aston Villa are set to bring in Douglas Luiz from Manchester City for £15m, according to reports.

Villa have already signed seven players this summer, with their spends nearly at £80m, but Dean Smith’s overhaul shows no signs of letting up with Luiz expected to become the latest arrival.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too much change can be a problem but we released players that were not always first choice in the championship and 4 of our first choice outfield players were on loan, we need to make more signings th

I think a lot of deals are all depending on holidays. Agents can only do so much without the players.

Agreed Elmo and Taylor will certainly Imo stay this season and I believe that at the end of the season they are then out of contract and they can then be released. To big a job to completely over

Looks like our team could be due to the transfers rumours.   

??

Guilbert Mings Konsa Targett

Luiz

Trezquet  Grealish McGinn El Ghazi

Moares

Steer Engels Elmo Taylor Hause Hourihane Jota Kodija

Still think we need more quality. The depth we have is shocking when you think our back ups are the likes of Tishbola, Bjarnson, Davis, Bree etc. 

Looks like Maupay, Luiz, Trezeguet and Engels are signing. Which is good for numbers, but I always worry about signing too many foreign players - like Fulham 

mzjj.jpg

Just been reading the Birmingham Mail online.

1) We are in for Charlie Austin for £8 million, Darren Bent says he's a bit injury prone but guarantees goals....oh no he fookin doesn't, 2 in 20 last season and 16 in 66 over the past 4 seasons. An injury prone 30 year old with a questionable attitude. ( Note to the management, don't employ Bent as a scout )

2) Marvelous Nakamba is refusing to train in an attempt to force through a move to us... we don't want such unprofessional players here. 

3) Douglas Luiz, we can only have him if City can insert a buy back clause at a pre-set price... loan him or sign him but if he's our player City can have no say in his future.

4) Bjorn Engels deal is as good as done, that will make 4 CBs signed this summer...If true its looking like Chester's injury is likely to finish him sooner rather than later, a great shame for James and the loss of some much needed experience for us.

We are never going to get rid of Tshibola.  He's like Herpes.

I can't see Smith going for 'yesterday's news' Austin.  It would fly in the face of his previously stated plans.

I sure as Hell don't want any other players who throw a strop and refuse to train.  We've had enough shitty attitudes, and just got rid of the worst of them.  No more.

Aston Villa is delighted to announce the signing of Björn Engels for an undisclosed fee.

The defender makes the move from French side Stade Reims, where he spent the 2018/19 campaign on loan.

A former Belgian youth international, 24-year-old Engels started his career in the youth system at Club Brugge in his homeland, going on to graduate into the senior ranks.

He also spent time with Greek outfit, Olympiacos prior to his stint in France.

Head Coach Dean Smith said: "Bjorn is a player that I've been watching for the past 18 months.

"We're very happy to have secured his services and look forward to working with him."

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

I cant see Austin coming Hogan is still here i think,

Marvellous,players who are prone to strops NO thanks could well prove to be disruptive when they dont get their way and we had a great team spirit last season,hopefully the new arrivals will gel in quickly and a similar spirit will emerge this season.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Hey Y’all!!

loving the significant investment and very positive, but still worry about the consequences if we don’t achieve safety next season!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

^^^ Great to hear from ya man Joe Boy and me miss honing in on ya from K2

"Safety" ? No worrys rest assured its going to be top hdlf of table for The Famous Aston Villa come next May 

VTID

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

10 hours ago, Loyalvillan said:

Hey Y’all!!

loving the significant investment and very positive, but still worry about the consequences if we don’t achieve safety next season!

Hello stranger. 

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• avstu unpinned this topic