FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Am real pleased to finally bring Tyrone home--

-i know it has to be done--but the cash we are having to forkiout to get ready for our return

is mind blowing and we are nowhere near finished spending yet!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too much change can be a problem but we released players that were not always first choice in the championship and 4 of our first choice outfield players were on loan, we need to make more signings th

I think a lot of deals are all depending on holidays. Agents can only do so much without the players.

Agreed Elmo and Taylor will certainly Imo stay this season and I believe that at the end of the season they are then out of contract and they can then be released. To big a job to completely over

I will be delighted when Mings signs, which is now looking imminent but that still only leaves us with 3 CBs and 2 of them are a concern injury wise.

Looks like we are after a GK and another Midfielder, a bit more firepower wouldn't go amiss.

Whether its paper talk or not we have been linked to Cahill and Sturridge, both are free agents and both are proven at this level and both would adequately fill gaps in our squad. I'd sign both.

Cahill is 33.  We have just released good players around that age range because we needed younger blood that can keep up with the premier league pace.  If we go for him, we will be signing yet another player in the twilight of his career looking for that one last payout before he retires.  If we sign that type of player, what was the point of releasing Whelan and Jedinak?

6 minutes ago, accute attention to derail said:

Cahill is 33.  We have just released good players around that age range because we needed younger blood that can keep up with the premier league pace.  If we go for him, we will be signing yet another player in the twilight of his career looking for that one last payout before he retires.  If we sign that type of player, what was the point of releasing Whelan and Jedinak?

We have released players the management thought could no longer perform in the PL...maybe they will make the same judgement about Cahill but his age should not automatically be a problem.

Cahill is 5 years younger than Terry, I wouldn't have minded having JT in the team 5 years ago.

Delighted with Mings, not bothered at all with the price on this one. We know exactly what we are getting and he fits right in. Until Mings came in our defence was leaking goals to an extent that would have cost us promotion.

For the style we play under Smith you need somebody like Mings to organise and lead at the back and sometimes be able to put your body on the line or make a last ditch tackle. Reminds me a bit of Puyol at Barcelona. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

I am way too excited about the Mings signings. Probably more than I should be.

As for the price tag - he is british which comes at a premium these days. I wouldnt be surprised if he had an England cap before the end of the season.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

1 hour ago, avstu said:

I am way too excited about the Mings signings. Probably more than I should be.

As for the price tag - he is british which comes at a premium these days. I wouldnt be surprised if he had an England cap before the end of the season.

Too right Stu---and furthermore Southgate can now have no excuses not to pick Jack too--.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

2 hours ago, Apollo said:

Pleased to have Mings back with us. 

All gone quiet on the Butland transfer.

Read somewhere that stoke wont budge on £25M and Villa think thats a wee bit too much-no worrys Jed will do a fine job for us.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Seems Tom Heaton could be the next one through the door..

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• avstu unpinned this topic