Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Transfer rumours

56 minutes ago, dorset lion said:

Could we throw in Nyland as part of a job lot ?

Starting to clear out the last of the deadwood. All good. 

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

9 minutes ago, markymark said:

Starting to clear out the last of the deadwood. All good. 

Is there any deadwood left ? a few academy products like Davis and Green who might not be good enough and one or two signings like Bjarnasson who will only feature if we have an injury crisis is about it.

13 players have left if you count the loan players who haven't returned and of the new recruits so far Guilbert, Hause and El Ghazi were already on the payroll.

I think we have cleared the decks ready for some major recruitment, I'll be surprised if we don't sign at least another 6 players, and that would still see the squad a fair bit smaller than last years.

17 hours ago, dorset lion said:

Is there any deadwood left ? a few academy products like Davis and Green who might not be good enough and one or two signings like Bjarnasson who will only feature if we have an injury crisis is about it.

13 players have left if you count the loan players who haven't returned and of the new recruits so far Guilbert, Hause and El Ghazi were already on the payroll.

I think we have cleared the decks ready for some major recruitment, I'll be surprised if we don't sign at least another 6 players, and that would still see the squad a fair bit smaller than last years.

Been really impressed by how ruthless we've been with the clear out and paying mccormack off to get him away from the club, superb piece of business. Personally I don't see Elmo, bree, Taylor, bjarni, lansbury, Hogan or kodjia having a future with us, but remaining more to the fact our squad is a bit on the thin side.  

Agree we need a lot of additions to fill the squad out, but I love the transfer windows, particularly when Villa are being linked to exciting signings and splashing the cash.  Keep the new signings rolling in.

2 hours ago, avstu said:

Agreed. Villa dont seem to be hanging around which is a good thing. The longer you usually wait, the higher the prices.

2 hours ago, avstu said:

Agreed. Villa dont seem to be hanging around which is a good thing. The longer you usually wait, the higher the prices.

Yep, we need to keep moving as we are. Would be nice to have all the business done before the friendly games. 

Aston Villa are considering a move for Adam Webster - but his current club are not interested in parting with him unless they receive an offer that they cannot refuse.

The Bristol City defender, who has also attracted interest from Villa’s Premier League rivals Newcastle United, only signed from Ipswich Town last summer when he agreed a £3.5m move and a four year deal.

Sounds like we are signing quite a few project/potential players in my opinion. It does worry me a bit as we do need a few experienced premier league players.

Purslow said to the fans at the FSG last week that the media 'are far off the mark and its embarrasing' with regards to some of the stories they are currently writing.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

21 hours ago, markymark said:

Been really impressed by how ruthless we've been with the clear out and paying mccormack off to get him away from the club, superb piece of business. Personally I don't see Elmo, bree, Taylor, bjarni, lansbury, Hogan or kodjia having a future with us, but remaining more to the fact our squad is a bit on the thin side.  

Agree we need a lot of additions to fill the squad out, but I love the transfer windows, particularly when Villa are being linked to exciting signings and splashing the cash.  Keep the new signings rolling in.

I'd agree about the players you've named though unless we sign another RB I'd expect Elmo and Guilbert to be contesting that spot next season.

7 minutes ago, dorset lion said:

I'd agree about the players you've named though unless we sign another RB I'd expect Elmo and Guilbert to be contesting that spot next season.

Agreed Elmo and Taylor will certainly Imo stay this season and I believe that at the end of the season they are then out of contract and they can then be released.

To big a job to completely overhaul the squad this summer.  But a good start has been made. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Sounds like we are signing quite a few project/potential players in my opinion. It does worry me a bit as we do need a few experienced premier league players.

I've had the same thought, but that sounds too much like a lot of our previous recruitment, how many times this past decade have we moaned about other clubs seemingly finding class players from nowhere ?