Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Transfer rumours

Transfer rumours

It will no doubt be a busy summer with transfer rumours etc. Post all rumours here and please state and link to your source where possible.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

leeds_uniteds_kalvin_phillips_in_action_

ASTON VILLA CHASING LEEDS MIDFIELDER KALVIN PHILLIPS

Aston Villa are reportedly interested in Leeds United midfielder Kalvin Phillips following their promotion to the Premier League.

According to a report from the Daily Mail, Aston Villa have Leeds midfielder Kalvin Phillips on their radar as Dean Smith begins to prepare his side for their return to the Premier League.

The Villans became the final team to book their spot in next season's top flight by winning the Championship play-off final on Monday, with a 2-1 victory against Derby at Wembley.

Source: Link

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Posted (edited)

28/05/2019 : This turned up two days ago.

On 5/26/2019 at 7:24 AM, Larry-AV said:

26/05/2019 : On my Twitter feed today there is an 'exclusive' from 'The Sun', retweeted by AVF :

Aston Villa want £10m Liverpool winger Ryan Kent

If true and if it happens, I would welcome this, but first things first ... we have a big match tomorrow. RK and any other potential transfers will depend on the outcome of that match.

As with every loan player, it will be the decision of his parent Club whether Ryan Kent is loaned out again. RK has settled in well with Rangers and there is the SG effect too. If RK is loaned out again, he will probably return to Rangers, but I am not so sure about a transfer. The £10m transfer fee cited sounds reasonable to me, but if I was Mr Klopp I would not want to permanently lose RK by transferring him out. Furthermore, would Liverpool want to see such a good player transferred to a rival club ... by whom I mean ... Aston Villa !

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

2 hours ago, Larry-AV said:

28/05/2019 : This turned up two days ago.

As with every loan player, it will be the decision of his parent Club whether Ryan Kent is loaned out again. RK has settled in well with Rangers and there is the SG effect too. If RK is loaned out again, he will probably return to Rangers, but I am not so sure about a transfer. The £10m transfer fee cited sounds reasonable to me, but if I was Mr Klopp I would not want to permanently lose RK by transferring him out. Furthermore, would Liverpool want to see such a good player transferred to a rival club ... by whom I mean ... Aston Villa !

I read somewhere the other day that Liverpool want him to go to a Premiership club if they re-loan him out.

Mellberg_Signature.png

Daniel Sturridge from what I'm told, again Villa fan born locally. Not used much Liverpool these days... however very injury prone. Certainly can do a job and can nick a goal or two but I dunno you can't rely being your main striker. I'd still take him though but as an extra option.

Philips is a link that interests me, he does very well defensively and with Jedinak and Whelan likely to leave we need someone (or two even) in that gap

On top of that we need another winger With Adomah leaving. We need to tie down Mings, Hause and try to get Tuanzebe as well in my opinion. And a left back.....AND a striker with Tammy leaving. 

The left back we've been linked with from Luton looks interesting, and we're being linked with Joe Lolley. But not sure we need him tbh?

mzjj.jpg

If Smith and Purslow's comments of late are true I'd be surprised if we went for Sturridge, we are meant to be after young and hungry not old and injured.

We have the French right back who we loaned back to Caen for the rest of the season to come in.

While watching many interviews with club staff over the last few days somebody mentioned we have the option to buy on 3 of our loaned players, I think Hause and El Ghazi are 2 but haven't a clue who the 3rd is though I was left with the impression we intend to sign all 3.

Dj6nE37XoAAkMYz.jpg

Aston Villa eye move to sign Ruben Alcaraz

Aston Villa are expected to remain busy in the summer transfer window following their promotion to the Premier League.

According to reports from Spanish newspaper Marca, Villa have joined the race to sign £9million rated Real Valladolid midfielder Alcaraz.

Source: Link

Mellberg_Signature.png

Anybody else concerned with Guilbert?  Hardly great stats, in a very poor league. He had a 74% pass success rate for example. Can't afford mistakes in this league

mzjj.jpg

8 hours ago, JustRich said:

Anybody else concerned with Guilbert?  Hardly great stats, in a very poor league. He had a 74% pass success rate for example. Can't afford mistakes in this league

His stats arent great I agree and we don't have a great record with players from the French league.

I do question if Smith does have the final say on transfers. For example, was Kalinic his signing?

Mellberg_Signature.png