Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

I don’t like to speak badly of an individual as I feel like I’m instigating bullying, but he does upset the balance.

Don’t get me wrong, when I first started using the forum,  I was also a bit of a knob head, I can admit that though, would like to think I’ve grown up since those days.

Hopefully the forum can pick up now that the club is back in the big time, it certainly has been a few years of negativity which can kill people’s enthusiasm to discuss football.

not overly keen with social media---seems to attract a lot of clowns and wind up merchants---a lot of genuine guys n gals used to populate this forum--

as Apollo says hopefully now we are back in the "big time" there will be more to discuss and the forum will get going again,

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

I still use the forum but while certainly in the championship it's been a lot harder to see games unless you are an ST holder... anyways. My wife had a baby girl 2 years ago now is why I stopped posting. When I thought I may be able to get back to messing around on forums.. she got pregnant with twins lol. Villa definetly went on the back burner and overtime seems to be my place on a Saturday.. good luck to you all. Hope you keep the forum alive and maybe in 18 years time I may get over for a match 🙂

newcomer.png

11/06/2019 : There are three things that negatively affect a forum and not just this one.

1} Entirely legitimate and understandable are real life commitments, which leave the Member with less time to spend on the forum. Sofa and Apollo have cited their real life commitments as examples of this. For AVF another real life reason was the closure of the pub(s) that several Members used to meet up in on match days.

2} Alternative internet options, 'Social Media'.
This is a matter of choice for those who are internet active. Personally I have found Twitter useful for expanding the reach of AVF via the Prediction League. However, Twitter's 240 character limit means it is not the medium for thoughtful debate ... but it is useful for honing one's skill at precis !
Other options are FB and a personal Blog. Both do allow for article length postings but neither can guarantee the ongoing debates that can be had in a forum. One can easily be left talking to oneself !
Personally I have a FB account but I rarely use it and I have not created a Blog.

3} Trolls. These are the charlies who have nothing positive to offer to a forum and just seek to undermine it. Below is my response to a troll on AVF and I recommend this response (if any) to all our genuine AVF Members :
'You are evidently a troll. No further communications henceforth.'

To sum up, I have enjoyed using AVF for several years now and hope to continue using it.
We Villa Fans have been though some 8 years of torment since MON left. Now, with Aston Villa playing decent football again and back where it belongs, closure of this forum, our forum, is the last thing we need.
No Surrender to trolls !

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

The forum is a bit dead nowadays, a great shame and I shall miss it if it closes, met some great people at the Addies and had some great banter on here in a way that cannot be done on social media.

Shame about certain members who can only insult and ruin the general atmosphere of bonhomie.

I hope the forum continues, if the worst happens hopefully I'll bump into one or two of you at a game.

UTV