Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Forum Decision

Good afternoon,

After a great result yesterday, our season is in fact over. This means plans need to be made for the website moving forward. One of those decisions is the future of this forum.

The community on here has been good to us over the years but is more often empty these days than busy. 

The forum software isnt free and it also takes a lot in terms of server costs etc.

In an ideal world, the forum would still be an active place but it isn't.

I was wondering what peoples thoughts where? Should we keep the forum open or is it time to move on?

The main website will remain open and active. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Might be best to call it a day Stu. People have moved on now.   Where once this forum was a good place for banter and discussion it is now a place for biased one-eyed Rangers propaganda and boring statistics..   

fliegetn0.gif

if it is closed down i for one will surely miss it, it is the only forum i use, ive been a member for quite a few years now, and maybe its oldest member, or at least one of them, i do understand the a lack of members means closure, so, why dont members like patrick etc make a return instead of helping to kill it off. many of the members have left the site, not because they dislike it, or are fedup of it, or have found a better forum, mainly its because they got fed up of listening to one sided and insulting comments made   from the likes of  rawley, and even going back as far as forever villan, they are gone now, or i hope they have, so come on guys, get your asses back here and save the forum. 

3 hours ago, rogerstan said:

if it is closed down i for one will surely miss it, it is the only forum i use, ive been a member for quite a few years now, and maybe its oldest member, or at least one of them, i do understand the a lack of members means closure, so, why dont members like patrick etc make a return instead of helping to kill it off. many of the members have left the site, not because they dislike it, or are fedup of it, or have found a better forum, mainly its because they got fed up of listening to one sided and insulting comments made   from the likes of  rawley, and even going back as far as forever villan, they are gone now, or i hope they have, so come on guys, get your asses back here and save the forum. 

well said Roger --ive been around a while and have really enjoyed being on this forum--have met some great folk too,--just cannot fatham why so many dont post any more---Loyal B6  Apollo Wattsie  Peever  Fed Up1 Boldfinger  etc etc----Anne where the hell are ya?????

if insults and one sided comments have riled ya --f***k em thats the very shortsighted meanfull intention --there really are some awkward sad bas***** about dont give em the pleasure of helping to close the forum---thats their aim---f***k em!!!!!----

be a real shame to close --especially now that OUR great club is finally back where it belongs,, we ought to be looking forward TOGETHER to the new season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

On 31 May 2019 at 8:43 PM, freddy said:

well said Roger --ive been around a while and have really enjoyed being on this forum--have met some great folk too,--just cannot fatham why so many dont post any more---Loyal B6  Apollo Wattsie  Peever  Fed Up1 Boldfinger  etc etc----Anne where the hell are ya?????

if insults and one sided comments have riled ya --f***k em thats the very shortsighted meanfull intention --there really are some awkward sad bas***** about dont give em the pleasure of helping to close the forum---thats their aim---f***k em!!!!!----

be a real shame to close --especially now that OUR great club is finally back where it belongs,, we ought to be looking forward TOGETHER to the new season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im here !!

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Hi all,

sorry to read this post. I remember when this forum used to be buzzing. 

On 3 June 2019 at 12:20 PM, Apollo said:

Hi all,

sorry to read this post. I remember when this forum used to be buzzing. 

Social media has killed it off but I think we should continue.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

2 hours ago, B6! said:

Social media has killed it off but I think we should continue.

Unfortunately that does seem to be killing off a lot of forums these days. Personally I don’t like social media as you get people commenting just to wind you up.

As mentioned above by Roger, there is a certain individual on here that has put visitors to this site off.

That individual spends most of his time on Social media these days...

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant