Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

West Bromwich Albion v Aston Villa

WEST BROMWICH ALBION v ASTON VILLA

Pre/post-match chat, live discussion and analysis

Aston Villa

2018/19 Championship - Playoff Semi-Final

Tuesday 14th, May 2019

The Hawthorns, West Bromwich

Kick Off: 20.00 (UK Time)

Predict on our Prediction League here.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

It'll be a hostile night at the dump so we need to make the advantage count. No stupid mistakes and don't let them back into the tie. A goal nice and early will help a. Settle the nerves and b. Shut the baggies up

I'm predicting that Hourihane and Green start as we were far more effective when they came on. But then again do you stick with Whelan as they can't just stick 10 behind the ball again?

mzjj.jpg

They need to score so i,m thinking they will bring the game to us---in this instance i,d be inclined to start with Whelan,but does he have the legs?---and then bring Conor on for the last 30 or so depending on the score--

as Rich says it will be hostile -both on and off the pitch--no doubt Deano will prepare them well and previous trips to Elland Rd and St Andrews will put the boyz in good stead,---it goes without saying that no doubt Jack will get some stick--but he must be well used to it now and is seemingly just taking in his stride--full credit to the lad-

--Tyrone Tammy SJM and the rest i hope will all be fully prepared for whatever happens,and bear their captain surviving the full game in mind.--unlike the last trip to the Hawthorns,

Come On You Lions----------------We Are Villa

VTID

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Play-Off 2, Tuesday 14/05/2019 : West Bromwich Albion v Aston Villa, KO 20:00 hours.

13/05/2019 : I trust AVFC will do the double over WBA in the 2nd leg tomorrow night, hence my prediction (below).
For the record, the Championship Final is at Wembley on Bank Holiday Monday, 27th May 2019.

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today : West Bromwich Albion 1-2 Aston Villa

AVFC RFC SAFC

Their attack is severely weakened, they can't sit back again and they have a suspect defence when they don't stick 10 behind the ball.

A disciplined professional performance is called for, no mistakes or poor discipline and take the chances we are bound to get. It's far from over but we are in the stronger position at the moment.

UTV

Just writing the preview for tomorrow.. We haven't beat them at their place in the last 7. Wow!

I love and hate games like this. I get so nervous and it just spoils it for me.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

13 minutes ago, avstu said:

Just writing the preview for tomorrow.. We haven't beat them at their place in the last 7. Wow!

I love and hate games like this. I get so nervous and it just spoils it for me.

But we drew most of them, I'll take that tomorrow.

I saw a stat last night that Villa haven't lost away since January 23rd I think it was. And that we've only lost 3 away all season? I didn't check it though so don't know if that's true. 

mzjj.jpg

3 hours ago, JustRich said:

I saw a stat last night that Villa haven't lost away since January 23rd I think it was. And that we've only lost 3 away all season? I didn't check it though so don't know if that's true. 

AVFC last lost away at Brentford on Feb 13th, followed by WBA at home, JR. We did not lose again (W 10 & D 2) until the last match, Norwich at home.

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC