Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Howe discuss' Mings future

Howe discuss' Mings future

EDDIE Howe believes the pressure of the Championship play-offs will be “great” for Tyrone Mings’s education – and says he will discuss the defender’s “next step” at the end of the season.

Cherries loanee Mings helped Aston Villa secure a fifth-place finish in the second tier and set up a play-off semi-final clash with rivals West Brom.

The 26-year-old has become a fans’ favourite at the Villains since the temporary switch to the Midlands in January.

He has made 15 appearances for Dean Smith’s side, who went on a 10-game winning run in March and April to storm into the top six.

Mings on Saturday could feature in the first leg of the West Brom tie at Villa Park (12.30pm).

Asked what the Bath-born ace could learn from the play-off experience, Howe told the Daily Echo: “These are games as a footballer you want to be involved in and you are desperate to experience.

Source: Link

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I just hope and pray that we go up as I think that's the only chance we'll have to keep the likes of Mings. He's genuinely been the best defender we've had since Mellberg and Laursen. Him and Axel have been a revelation.

The rebuilding we'd have to do if we didn't go up and lost all our loanees again wouldn't be ideal

mzjj.jpg

Reckon the lad loved being involved in the --"walk of appreciation" on Sunday hanging back back to wave and smile at The Holte End--holding his young one in one arm--(dont know if son or daughter)--but he sure was beaming!

dont know who his best partner is---Axel or Hause--i just hope that he is in the Claret and Blue next season--should team up real well with James Chester,

VTID---

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

I watched him being interviewed after possibly his first game for us, talking of the great feeling of wearing "The Claret and Blue and walking out at Villa Park". I got the feeling that playing for this grand old club felt like an honour to him.

He was rated as a likely England regular when he started at Ipswich and its been plain to see why in his performances for us. He's a quality player who has in half a season served this club better than most of the "Pro's" we've had on our books in recent years, I hope his injury problems are finally behind him and wish him well wherever he ends up.

I have a feeling that Howe will want to keep him but wont keep him against his will.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant