FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

18 hours ago, markymark said:

Apparently new rules state 10 players that were named in the last 18 man match day squad must be involved against Norwich.

This was introduced after Huddersfield played a reserve team against Birmingham a couple of seasons back which Birmingham won and avoided relegation as a result.

There are 4 that I think most of us see as our key players, Grealish, Mings, McGinn and Tammy. Tammy didn't feature at Leeds so this rule wouldn't affect him, I'd omit all 4 on Sunday.

Assuming Kodjia and Steer aren't fit that would still keep us well within this rule and still allow 3 others to be rested if not fully fit.

The one thing that worries me about resting players is that they won't be match fit. Tammy would have missed 2-3 weeks by the time he plays next week.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Come On Yo Lions lets finish off the season in style --but primarily avoid any injurys

have a great day and safe travelling to all.

VTID

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

EFL1 (Championship), Sunday 05/05/2019 : Aston Villa 1-2 Norwich City

It was disappointing for AVFC to lose this match and concede the anti-double too, but congratulations to Norwich for clinching the Championship Title today. Let this be AVFC's last defeat of this Season and thereby ensure this fixture is repeated in the EPL next Season. Play-Offs against West Bromwich Albion and then either Leeds United or Derby County await.

Per the SSN Live Commentary the attempts (including goals) were 10-9 & 4-14 = 14-23 against AVFC.

Attendance : 41,696 (SSN)

Doubles, for and against, showing AVFC's points gained.
Birmingham    6 - achieved
Bolton Wndrs  6 - achieved
Derby County  6 - achieved
Hull City     4 - failed
Middlesbro    6 - achieved
Rotherham     6 - achieved
Swansea       6 - achieved
Wigan Ath     3 - failed ... big time !!!

Leeds Utd     1 - avoided
Millwall      3 - avoided
Norwich C     0 - conceded
Q P Rangers   1 - avoided
Sheff Utd     1 - avoided
Sheff Wed     3 - avoided

AVFC RFC SAFC

• Larry-AV changed the title to Aston Villa 1-2 Norwich City

Could have won that one felt a strange game and a draw would have been a fair result,anyway 4/5 key players were rested for the assaults to come and i reckon we incurred no injurys, Whelan looked a bit leg weary for the final 15 which can be expected,great attendance possibly highest of the season

fully respected tribute to fans who have passed away this season- full credit to Norwich fans for joining in.Lets all now get ready for the next 2 massive massive games.

VTID

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

was privileged to be in the eighty two lounge today. Really enjoyed myself. But is it normal to have away fans in there? I had a Norwich couple behind me earlier and they were really taking the p*ss, and I could really sense hostility from a few of our fans . As for the game, we should not be losing that but that said with a few key players rested thought it was a good performance . Pretty sure baggies are shitting themselves  . UTV 

EFL1 (Championship), Sunday 05/05/2019 : Aston Villa 1-2 Norwich City

After this result AVFC's total Form Points fell to 76 ... that is, points after 46 games.
The maximum available is now 76 points, with 0 points left to play for.
AVFC stay above par and are 5th in the table, with 76 points and GD at +21 from 46 games.

Aston Villa's final 10 matches, AVFC finished 5th in the Table, played 46 with 76 points.
Showing results of games played as at 05/05/2019, Played & Points.
Mar    13    Wed    A    37    Nottm Forest   W 3-1 : 46 & 66
Mar    16    SAT    H    38    Middlesbro     W 3-0 : 46 & 73
Mar    30    SAT    H    39    Blackburn      W 2-1 : 46 & 60
Apr    06    SAT    A    40    Sheff Wed      W 3-1 : 46 & 64
Apr    10    Wed    A    41    Rotherham      W 2-1 : 46 & 40
Apr    13    SAT    H    42    Bristol City   W 2-1 : 46 & 70
Apr    19    Fri    A    43    Bolton Wndrs   W 2-0 : 46 & 32
Apr    22    Mon    H    44    Millwall       W 1-0 : 46 & 44
Apr    27    SAT    A    45    Leeds Utd      D 1-1 : 46 & 83
May    05    SUN    H    46    Norwich City   L 1-2 : 46 & 94

Play-Offs :
Saturday 11/05/2019 : Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion, KO 12:30 hours.
Tuesday 14/05/2019 : West Bromwich Albion v Aston Villa, KO 20:00 hours.

AVFC RFC SAFC

• avstu unpinned this topic