Jump to content

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Larry-AV

Aston Villa 1-0 Millwall

Recommended Posts

EFL1 (Championship), Monday 22/04/2019 : Aston Villa v Millwall, KO 13:00 hours.

19/04/2019 : Due to the short turnaround I have set-up the Prediction thread today, so here is the Match thread.
This and our last two games are 3 of the 6 anti-doubles for AVFC this Season. So far we have not conceded a double, so let that good record continue with a 10th consecutive victory on Monday.
finger-x.jpg

Oct    06    SAT    A    12    Millwall    1-2    L
Apr    22    Mon    H    44    Millwall    Pending

Aston Villa's final 10 matches, AVFC are 5th in the Table, played 43 with 72 points.
Showing results of games played or our opponents' League positions as at 19/04/2019, Played & Points.
Mar    13    Wed    A    37    Nottm Forest   W 3-1 : 43 & 57
Mar    16    SAT    H    38    Middlesbro     W 3-0 : 43 & 67
Mar    30    SAT    H    39    Blackburn      W 2-1 : 43 & 56
Apr    06    SAT    A    40    Sheff Wed      W 3-1 : 43 & 60
Apr    10    Wed    A    41    Rotherham      W 2-1 : 43 & 40
Apr    13    SAT    H    42    Bristol City   W 2-1 : 42 & 66
Apr    19    Fri    A    43    Bolton Wndrs   W 2-0 : 43 & 32
Apr    22    Mon    H    44    Millwall        21st : 42 & 43
Apr    27    SAT    A    45    Leeds Utd        3rd : 43 & 82
May    05    SUN    H    46    Norwich City     1st : 43 & 87


Doubles, for and against, showing AVFC's points gained.
Birmingham    6 - achieved
Bolton Wndrs  6 - achieved
Derby County  6 - achieved
Hull City     4 - failed
Middlesbro    6 - achieved
Rotherham     6 - achieved
Swansea       6 - achieved
Wigan Ath     3 - failed ... big time !!!

Leeds Utd     0
Millwall      0 - avoid this
Norwich C     0
Q P Rangers   1 - avoided
Sheff Utd     1 - avoided
Sheff Wed     3 - avoided

 

Edited by Larry-AV
Formatting.

AVFC RFC SAFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One game at a time and all that....but a win here and 'Boro failing to win at Forest would all but confirm our play off place as with Derby and Bristol playing each other next Saturday they can't both get maximum points, though mathematically it would still be possible for us to finish outside the top 6 it would be highly unlikely.

UTV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dorset lion said:

One game at a time and all that....but a win here and 'Boro failing to win at Forest would all but confirm our play off place as with Derby and Bristol playing each other next Saturday they can't both get maximum points, though mathematically it would still be possible for us to finish outside the top 6 it would be highly unlikely.

UTV

I actually think a win here will be enough. With Derby and Bristol playing each other also will help.

I can't see Middlesbrough losing to Forest. Forest have been awful since O'Neill took over. He will be sacked as soon as the season is over.

As you say though, we concentrate on ourselves and Millwall are fighting for their lives. Recently we have struggled when sides are aggressive and play the long ball (Rotherham and Bolton at times). We need to stay out of it and not get involved. We play our own game and we win with ease.


Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today (22/04/2019) : Aston Villa 2-1 Millwall


AVFC RFC SAFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Players could write their names in the history of Villa, first team to win ten in a row.

IMO three points today clinches a play off place.


"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, markymark said:

Players could write their names in the history of Villa, first team to win ten in a row.

IMO three points today clinches a play off place.

Such a hard one for us. They are a bit of a bogey side for us.

 

We have failed to beat them in three attempts in the Championship.


Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, avstu said:

Such a hard one for us. They are a bit of a bogey side for us.

 

We have failed to beat them in three attempts in the Championship.

Fourth time lucky then.

 


"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wes Edens at the match today, lets hope the players put on a performance (good).


"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:24 AM, avstu said:

I actually think a win here will be enough. With Derby and Bristol playing each other also will help.

I can't see Middlesbrough losing to Forest. Forest have been awful since O'Neill took over. He will be sacked as soon as the season is over.

As you say though, we concentrate on ourselves and Millwall are fighting for their lives. Recently we have struggled when sides are aggressive and play the long ball (Rotherham and Bolton at times). We need to stay out of it and not get involved. We play our own game and we win with ease.

I also think it likely that a win today will be enough...I've followed The Villa for too many years, 9 wins in a row is too good to be true.

I'll be happier if we make it 10 today, draw the last two and then start a new winning streak.:12_slight_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, markymark said:

Wes Edens at the match today, lets hope the players put on a performance (good).

Its only last week rumours were circulating in some of the national media that the Qatari group who own PSG were looking to buy us....I doubt theirs a connection but its the first thing that entered my mind on reading your post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...