Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Larry-AV

Aston Villa 2-1 Bristol City

11/04/2019 : Stu has not been around for some time, so here is the match thread.

EFL1 (Championship), Saturday 13/04/2019 : Aston Villa v Bristol City, KO 15:00 hours.

This match provides the opportunity for AVFC to go 4 points clear of Bristol City and negate the advantage they have of their game in hand. Victory on Saturday would be the AVFC's 8th consecutive League win, which was last achieved in 1974-1975, when AVFC under Ron Saunders won promotion to Division One and ended 9 Seasons outside the top level.

No double this time, but we can win 'on aggregate' !
Sep    28    Fri    A    10    Bristol City    1-1    D
Apr    13    SAT    H    42    Bristol City    Pending

Aston Villa's final 10 matches, AVFC are 5th in the Table, played 41 with 66 points.
Showing results of games played or our opponents' League positions as at 11/04/2019, Played & Points.
Mar    13    Wed    A    37    Nottm Forest   W 3-1 : 41 & 57
Mar    16    SAT    H    38    Middlesbro     W 3-0 : 41 & 61
Mar    30    SAT    H    39    Blackburn      W 2-1 : 41 & 50
Apr    06    SAT    A    40    Sheff Wed      W 3-1 : 41 & 59
Apr    10    Wed    A    41    Rotherham      W 2-1 : 41 & 39
Apr    13    SAT    H    42    Bristol City     6th : 40 & 65
Apr    19    Fri    A    43    Bolton Wndrs    23rd : 41 & 32
Apr    22    Mon    H    44    Millwall        19th : 40 & 41
Apr    27    SAT    A    45    Leeds Utd        2nd : 41 & 79
May    05    SUN    H    46    Norwich City     1st : 41 & 85

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

Last time I drove and parked on the estate at a 3pm kick off, I got a parking ticket. 

Don't want to risk it this time, so I'm thinking the king Edwards school car park, is it reliable and does it fill up quickly? Realistically would I need to get there mega early? 

Big game, Villa have worked hard to get themselves into play off contention, now we're nearly there one final push.  Win today and Imo we've pretty much got a play off spot.  Lose and we open the door on Middlesbrough and derby and our destiny is out of our hands.

Villa win, fingers crossed. 

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

On Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 9:02 PM, JustRich said:

Last time I drove and parked on the estate at a 3pm kick off, I got a parking ticket. 

Don't want to risk it this time, so I'm thinking the king Edwards school car park, is it reliable and does it fill up quickly? Realistically would I need to get there mega early? 

Have used it a couple of times in the past its ok and reliable but can be a sod to get away from it didnt fill up quick BUT the games wernt sell out ones,on the other side of that island street parking is fine but will fill up early ive parked there the past 2 seasons and more paid parking outlets have recently opened their gates.im sure if you arrive earlyish yu,ll be ok Rich.

Its bright sunny but chilly its match day so its a Happy Day.

Safe travels to all make sure your throats are well oiled and get behind Deano and The Boyz In Claret and Blue

Come on You Lions 

VTID.

1 hour ago, freddy said:

Have used it a couple of times in the past its ok and reliable but can be a sod to get away from it didnt fill up quick BUT the games wernt sell out ones,on the other side of that island street parking is fine but will fill up early ive parked there the past 2 seasons and more paid parking outlets have recently opened their gates.im sure if you arrive earlyish yu,ll be ok Rich.

Sound nice one mate, was going to get the trains but they were 36 quid each! More than the bloody footy. 

Aiming to get there for no later than 12.45 - 1, will hopefully be early enough!

I was worried by the absence of Mings, no Grealish or Kodjia either....right now I'd take a point and pray that whatever is wrong with Jack is minor.

1 hour ago, dorset lion said:

I was worried by the absence of Mings, no Grealish or Kodjia either....right now I'd take a point and pray that whatever is wrong with Jack is minor.

Jack's only ill and its now 2-0.... now I'll be seriously pissed off with a draw.

Come on Villa see it out.