Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Id just like to point people towards this article: http://www.avillafan.com/30339/why-karma-never-stood-a-chance/

Such a good read and absolutely bang on the money

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I agree, Stu. The twitter sturm mentioned in the article passed me by. There was a post linking to the Daily Star, but when I opened the link the poxy paper wanted me to turn off Adblocker, so I turned off the link instead.

Regarding Mr Bruce, I posted when he was appointed that we should judge him by the results on the pitch. We all know he stabilised AVFC and got us moving positively. Then came the stagnation, leading to his dismissal. After his dismissal I thanked SB for his service and said that he had run out of ideas, which is something that can happen to any manager.

Shortly after SB started at AVFC, saying it was his biggest job, iirc, I posted that he had the opportunity to emulate his former Manager, Sir Alex Ferguson. Alas, it was not to be.

13 hours ago, Larry-AV said:

I agree, Stu. The twitter sturm mentioned in the article passed me by. There was a post linking to the Daily Star, but when I opened the link the poxy paper wanted me to turn off Adblocker, so I turned off the link instead.

Regarding Mr Bruce, I posted when he was appointed that we should judge him by the results on the pitch. We all know he stabilised AVFC and got us moving positively. Then came the stagnation, leading to his dismissal. After his dismissal I thanked SB for his service and said that he had run out of ideas, which is something that can happen to any manager.

Shortly after SB started at AVFC, saying it was his biggest job, iirc, I posted that he had the opportunity to emulate his former Manager, Sir Alex Ferguson. Alas, it was not to be.

I think as you and the article say. No-one really hates him. We thank him for stabilising us when we needed him most. 

But that's where the credit ends for me. I would have let him go last summer when he failed to get us promoted with arguably the strongest squad in Championship history.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I backed Bruce, he stabilised the club and barring disaster I've always believed in giving managers time, with all the off field goings on in the summer I found it hard to attribute too much blame to him, right up until the moment he loaned out Elphick. 

I seldom buy into the clueless manager rhetoric as we aren't party to all the information but there were no grey areas on that one, he pretty much left us without a defence and its cost us dearly so his position was indefensible.