Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Rotherham 1-2 Aston Villa

Rotherham v Aston Villa

ROTHERHAM v ASTON VILLA

Pre/post-match chat, live discussion and analysis

Aston Villa

2018/19 Championship - Matchday 41

Wednesday 10th, April 2019

New York Stadium, Rotherham

Kick Off: 19.45 (UK Time)

Predict on our Prediction League here.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

EFL1 (Championship), Wednesday 10/04/2019 : Rotherham United v Aston Villa, KO 19:45 hours.

07/04/2019 : This match is another potential double for AVFC and I will be really peeved if it is not achieved.

Aston Villa's final 10 matches, AVFC are 5th in the Table, played 40 with 63 points.
Showing results of games played or our opponents' League positions as at 07/04/2019, Played & Points.
Mar    13    Wed    A    37    Nottm Forest   W 3-1 : 40 & 57
Mar    16    SAT    H    38    Middlesbro     W 3-0 : 40 & 58
Mar    30    SAT    H    39    Blackburn      W 2-1 : 40 & 47
Apr    06    SAT    A    40    Sheff Wed      W 3-1 : 40 & 56
Apr    10    Wed    A    41    Rotherham       22nd : 40 & 39
Apr    13    SAT    H    42    Bristol City     6th : 39 & 62
Apr    19    Fri    A    43    Bolton Wndrs    23rd : 40 & 32
Apr    22    Mon    H    44    Millwall        20th : 39 & 40
Apr    27    SAT    A    45    Leeds Utd        3rd : 40 & 76
May    05    SUN    H    46    Norwich City     1st : 40 & 84

Doubles, for and against, showing AVFC's points gained.
Birmingham    6 - achieved
Bolton Wndrs  3
Derby County  6 - achieved
Hull City     4 - failed
Middlesbro    6 - achieved
Rotherham     3
Swansea       6 - achieved
Wigan Ath     3 - failed ... big time !!!

Leeds Utd     0
Millwall      0
Norwich C     0
Q P Rangers   1 - avoided
Sheff Utd     1 - avoided
Sheff Wed     3 - avoided

Edited by Larry-AV
Formatting.

Rotherham have had a few decent results of late, not unusual for a team fighting the drop. We are the better team, I hope the result reflects it.

When we had 10 games remaining I predicted that the teams we'd most likely trip up against were Wednesday,  Rotherham and Millwall. As Dorset says, they've had some decent results lately. Plus they're fighting for survival. Will be a lot tougher than some are predicting methinks. 

The one we need to desperately win is Bristol. 

• Like 1

This will definitely be a tough game. Even though we are on an unbelievable run the pessimist in me is thinking 2-2 or 1-1. I would bring kodjia and adomah in for green and el ghazi as they deserve a break and i would give whelo a rest and bring hourihane in. If we can get a result and rest a few legs for Saturday (which lets face it is the bigger game) then i'd be buzzing. Would be nice to see Lansbury get 10-15 minutes to, one injury or suspension to either one of our midfielders and he becomes very important. UTV  

We play like we did the weekend and I can see us dropping points.

We must be better. I can see Smith shuffling a few around.

Maybe see the likes of Adomah, Kodjia, Lansbury and Hourihane come in.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

2 tough games in 4 days agree its time to rest some legs----maybe Whelan El Ghazi,--Green,---cant see Tammy going the distance, but dont want to jeopordise the 3 points --tough call for Deano, by all accounts we were,nt too good for the second half at Hillsborough so perhaps changes are needed,  its these games and we got 3 of them against sides in the relegation battle,against scrapping teams where in the past we have tended to come unstuck but with Deano at the helm i reckon a sensible approach will be made,

its a bit weird that we have 3 top 6 sides and 3 bottom 6 sides left to play,!

Come On You Lions,

VTID

4 hours ago, freddy said:

It may sound daft, what with my posting AVFC's fixtures ahead of every match, but that never really sank in until you mentioned it, Freddy !

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today (09/04/2019) : Rotherham United 1-2 Aston Villa

7 hours ago, freddy said:

2 tough games in 4 days agree its time to rest some legs----maybe Whelan El Ghazi,--Green,---cant see Tammy going the distance, but dont want to jeopordise the 3 points --tough call for Deano, by all accounts we were,nt too good for the second half at Hillsborough so perhaps changes are needed,  its these games and we got 3 of them against sides in the relegation battle,against scrapping teams where in the past we have tended to come unstuck but with Deano at the helm i reckon a sensible approach will be made,

Come On You Lions,

VTID

We were awful for the whole game. We just weren't at the races IMO.

Them two late goals must have given the squad such a boost though. Rotherham will be on a high following their win over Forest the weekend though. We must respect them and take all three points at all costs.

Mellberg_Signature.png

09/04/2019 : Bristol City beat the Albion 3-2 tonight to go 5th, which means AVFC are now 6th. If AVFC win tomorrow we will return to 5th and the gap to WBA (4th) will be 4 points. Derby, 3 points behind AVFC, lost tonight, which has eliminated the advantage they had of of their game in hand.

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.