Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Larry-AV

Aston Villa 3-0 Middlesbrough

EFL1 (Championship), Saturday 16/03/2019 : Aston Villa v Middlesbrough, KO 15:00 hours.

14/03/2019 : Stu is away for the weekend with reduced internet access, so here is the match thread.
We have another potential double for AVFC on Saturday. It has the more important bonus that a win will directly reduce the gap between AVFC and one of our rivals for a play-off spot to 1 point.

Aston Villa's final 10 matches, AVFC are 8th in the Table.
Showing our opponents' League positions as at 14/03/2019 and results of games played.
Mar    13    Wed    A    37    Nottm Forest  W 3-1
Mar    16    SAT    H    38    Middlesbro      5th
Mar    30    SAT    H    39    Blackburn      16th
Apr    06    SAT    A    40    Sheff Wed      11th
Apr    10    Wed    A    41    Rotherham      22nd
Apr    13    SAT    H    42    Bristol City    7th
Apr    19    Fri    A    43    Bolton Wndrs   23rd
Apr    22    Mon    H    44    Millwall       19th
Apr    27    SAT    A    45    Leeds Utd       2nd
May    05    SUN    H    46    Norwich C       1st

Doubles, for and against, showing AVFC's points gained.
Birmingham    6 - achieved
Bolton Wndrs  3
Derby County  6 - achieved
Hull City     4 - failed
Middlesbro    3
Rotherham     3
Swansea       6 - achieved
Wigan Ath     3 - failed ... big time !!!

Leeds Utd     0
Millwall      0
Norwich C     0
Q P Rangers   1 - avoided
Sheff Utd     1 - avoided
Sheff Wed     0

Edited by Larry-AV
Formatting.

This has to be a win when you look at the form table. Boro are starting to drop points and were starting to look very good both defensively and going forward. Id go with the same team, love that Green is getting more game time. Im confident he will get better and better. I would possibly be tempted to change Hourihane for Whelan, again just for a rest i think we should take advantage of having options. I also think Whelan playing behind Mcginn and Grealish would give them the freedom and confidence to go forward.

Come on villa, lets beat them and beat them convincingly, get at them from the get go and lets make a proper go off getting into those playoffs. I expect another huge home crowd for this one as well. Love that watching the villa has become enjoyable again. UTV!

this is going to be yet another nail biting game,  cant wait for it, no prediction from me, and that makes a change, just very very hopeful 

On 3/14/2019 at 9:31 AM, LukeReeves92 said:

This has to be a win when you look at the form table. Boro are starting to drop points and were starting to look very good both defensively and going forward. Id go with the same team, love that Green is getting more game time. Im confident he will get better and better. I would possibly be tempted to change Hourihane for Whelan, again just for a rest i think we should take advantage of having options. I also think Whelan playing behind Mcginn and Grealish would give them the freedom and confidence to go forward.

Come on villa, lets beat them and beat them convincingly, get at them from the get go and lets make a proper go off getting into those playoffs. I expect another huge home crowd for this one as well. Love that watching the villa has become enjoyable again. UTV!

Agree with this, I think giving Whelan a rest and bringing fresh legs into the team was so important against Forest and it paid off. Would also like to see Green keep his place. I'd also consider giving Kodjia a start again if nothing else just to freshen it up. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

I'm nervous for this one. Boro are difficult to break down and I know what we're like. I see some predicting 3+ nil. I highly doubt it'll be that clear cut! And we're good at f**cking up when things start to look rosy. We haven't got more than 3 wins in a row this season. Still...another win and the play offs will be genuinely achievable 

what another superb win, didnt see the game today, so it was a shock to me when i see online that we had won 3-0 at least now we have something to look forward to, utv

EFL1 (Championship), Saturday 16/03/2019 : Aston Villa 3-0 Middlesbrough

AVFC up to 6th and earlier than I expected. Our splendid result today has been augmented by favourable results elsewhere, no complaints about that. Four consecutive wins and Double number 4 achieved too, well done lads.

Attendance : 36,263 (SSN)

Doubles, for and against, showing AVFC's points gained.
Birmingham    6 - achieved
Bolton Wndrs  3
Derby County  6 - achieved
Hull City     4 - failed
Middlesbro    6 - achieved
Rotherham     3
Swansea       6 - achieved
Wigan Ath     3 - failed ... big time !!!

Leeds Utd     0
Millwall      0
Norwich C     0
Q P Rangers   1 - avoided
Sheff Utd     1 - avoided
Sheff Wed     0

After this result AVFC's total Form Points rose from 67 to 69 ... that is, points after 46 games.
The maximum available remains 81 points, with 24 points left to play for.
AVFC stay above par and are 6th in the table, with 57 points and GD at +14 from 38 games.

Aston Villa's final 10 matches, AVFC are 6th in the Table.
Showing our opponents' League positions as at 16/03/2019 and results of games played.
Mar    13    Wed    A    37    Nottm Forest   W 3-1
Mar    16    SAT    H    38    Middlesbro     W 3-0
Mar    30    SAT    H    39    Blackburn       17th
Apr    06    SAT    A    40    Sheff Wed       10th
Apr    10    Wed    A    41    Rotherham       22nd
Apr    13    SAT    H    42    Bristol City     9th
Apr    19    Fri    A    43    Bolton Wndrs    23rd
Apr    22    Mon    H    44    Millwall        20th
Apr    27    SAT    A    45    Leeds Utd        3rd
May    05    SUN    H    46    Norwich C        1st

Edited by Larry-AV
Update.

Good all round display, Mings immense and a colossus in defence for a player his height his ability to switch sides is amazing-- Hause Elmo Taylor playing with energy and confidence, Whelan  getting to almost every second ball, breaking up attacks spraying the ball around and getting around the pitch like an 18 year old,must love hearing his name chanted, Steer commands his box sprints out to clear the ball shows confidence which must spread across the back four, SJM and Jack looking so dam good together,--Tammy  trys works and trys, Green and El Ghazi  growing with confidence every game,

good substitutions good attendance 36200+-----good atmosphere,smiling faces everywhere Villa Park is a good place to be these days--

well done you Villa Boyzz well done Deano and his management team--another weekend to be enjoyed----Cheers everyone.

VTID----