Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Finances

Finances

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the finances released in the past few days?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Don't understand them personally, but Christian Purslow has stated on numerous occasions everything is in hand.  So trust them as successful businessmen to know what their on with.

But whatever we will find out come the summer, what the true situation is.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

It's easy to forget how dicey things were looking at one point in the Summer. I can't  say I really understand them either but it's infuriating the amount of money we have wasted on complete crap. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

20 hours ago, markymark said:

Don't understand them personally, but Christian Purslow has stated on numerous occasions everything is in hand.  So trust them as successful businessmen to know what their on with.

But whatever we will find out come the summer, what the true situation is.

The club confirmed Tuesday night at the FCG that we have got through the FFP rules, just.

10 hours ago, Dublin Villain said:

It's easy to forget how dicey things were looking at one point in the Summer. I can't  say I really understand them either but it's infuriating the amount of money we have wasted on complete crap. 

Again at the FCG, with minutes due to be released, the club are not prepared to do what has been done before. They believe by building off the field and building wisely on the field will reward us moving forward.

It is going to be a very interesting summer.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Was unaware of any announcement until reading this thread, and after recent years I've given up trying to understand on the limited information available, if they say we are clear of FFP great.

I was excited by the summer appointments of Purslow and Pitarch, I like the fact Sawiris and Edens have promised nothing. I think that lot will lay the foundations for a coach to build a team that makes this club one to be reckoned with again sooner rather than later.

With Christian and Jesus in charge how can anyone not have faith ?

13 hours ago, avstu said:

The club confirmed Tuesday night at the FCG that we have got through the FFP rules, just.

Again at the FCG, with minutes due to be released, the club are not prepared to do what has been done before. They believe by building off the field and building wisely on the field will reward us moving forward.

It is going to be a very interesting summer.

I certainly hope so. As long as we're in this division I hope we never see any mega deals like MCormack again. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

On 3/8/2019 at 9:11 AM, Dublin Villain said:

I certainly hope so. As long as we're in this division I hope we never see any mega deals like MCormack again. 

The minutes are on the main avillafan.com site now.

• Like 1

Mellberg_Signature.png

I think it was to be expected given that the accounts are a year behind, we had less parachute payments 

We are in desperate need of promotion. That tv money makes a hell of a difference 

mzjj.jpg

If we go up we get £100 million guaranteed, however what does that buy you in the premier league these days and do you all want survival to be your target ?

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

10 hours ago, B6! said:

If we go up we get £100 million guaranteed, however what does that buy you in the premier league these days and do you all want survival to be your target ?

We'd be foolish to splash the cash IMO, 100m quid doesn't mean you'll stay up. I'd rather see some shrewd purchases and over perform. If we stay up then we have a foundation to build on, drop back down and we'll not be back to square one without a pot to p*ss in. Lets face it, this league we're in is much more exciting than the PL anyway. 🙂