FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Birmingham 0-1 Aston Villa

avstu

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EFL1 (Championship), Sunday 10/03/2019 : Birmingham City 0-1 Aston Villa

After this result AVFC's total Form Points rose from 63 to 65 ... that is, points after 46 games.
The maximum available remains 81 points, with 30 points left to play for.
AVFC stay above par and are 9th in the table, with 51 points and GD at +9 from 36 games.

AVFC RFC SAFC

1 hour ago, freddy said:

so so f****g pleased that Jack rose above it all and banged in the winner----

f*****g disgrace, thought the "steward"  was a wee bit slow off his blocks to chase the scumbag!! WTF if he had a knife or razor with him?

as Dorset said---pure--"poetic justice"

obviously they cant keep order --so the place should be closed for the rest of the season and games played behind closed doors!

but am a bit concerned at how we seemed to collapse a bit when Jack went off----good job C Gardner left his shooting boots at home,

well done all-----

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Wow wow wow. What a day. 

Cannot believe what I saw. Never have I seen a fan attack a player like that. What a moronic thing to do. Absolutely agree that it's poetic justice That Jack should score the winner!! Hope the coppers went and told the moron in his cell!! 

Blues have confirmed that he'll never set foot in St Andrews again. And there's talk of a stadium ban or even points deduction to ensure it never happens again. 

mzjj.jpg

Some very respected pundits like shearer and neville have said the hammer needs to come down on them. Deduction is a possibility. In one day blues have gone from an irrelevance to everyone to nationally hated. That cretin who did it was joined by another on twitter going on about grealishs dead brother and there's even a video of racism being shouted at tammy. Well done blues, acted with class... Again. 

So proud of the Lads, looked dodgy in one or 2 areas on the pitch but after the incident they stayed composed and done the job. I think that game yesterday will bring everyone together at the club again and we'll push for the playoffs with everything we have got. Cheers blues, stay classy villa. 

• avstu unpinned this topic

We weren't at our best but did enough. A massive win and I am glad this one is done with now.

1 hour ago, LukeReeves92 said:

Some very respected pundits like shearer and neville have said the hammer needs to come down on them. Deduction is a possibility. In one day blues have gone from an irrelevance to everyone to nationally hated. That cretin who did it was joined by another on twitter going on about grealishs dead brother and there's even a video of racism being shouted at tammy. Well done blues, acted with class... Again. 

So proud of the Lads, looked dodgy in one or 2 areas on the pitch but after the incident they stayed composed and done the job. I think that game yesterday will bring everyone together at the club again and we'll push for the playoffs with everything we have got. Cheers blues, stay classy villa. 

As for the punishment. It isn't a Villa v Blues thing but the actions by all three blokes (Rangers/Blues/Arsenal) all need serious punishment. I agree with what Neville and Souness said. Yes, it is unfair to punish clubs for one idiot BUT it ultimately is the clubs responsibility of everyone inside that ground.

On all three occasions, the players' safety was called into question. Anyone of those players could have been stabbed by a weapon. It highlights the problems in society right now. I wouldn't take points from the club but I would make them pay a MASSIVE fine - a fine that makes a statement and then they would be made to play at least one game behind closed doors.

Away allocations were upped to 2,200 tickets yesterday. You can bet your bottom dollar that will be decreased again next year.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

No news on the idiotic steward that took a couple of digs at jack. I hope today that he's received his p45 and also been done for assault. What an idiotic thing to do.

mzjj.jpg

So much admiration for Grealish the way he handled the punch and the now standard crunch at the start. Refs need to be stronger when dealing with the obvious targeting of him, he will be seriously hurt again in one of those tackles. It's beyond a joke and becoming dangerous for him to play in this division. 

To score the wining goal and celebrate with our fans was just magic, one of the best moments as a Villa fan in a long long time. He will go all the way to the top, what a pro.

Blues are just pure scum, they'll never beat us at this rate!

Not a great performance  but in the circumstances a huge win. It was good to see Hourihane get stuck into the fan when he came on and Mings was outstanding again. The team seemed together and I actually felt proud of them yesterday. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

Archived