Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Aston Villa 4-0 Derby County

ASTON VILLA v DERBY COUNTY

Pre/post-match chat, live discussion and analysis

Kodjia-5.jpg

2018/19 Championship - Matchday 35

Saturday, 2nd March 2019

Villa Park, Birmingham

Kick Off: 15.00 (UK Time)

Predict on our Prediction League here.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

31 minutes ago, avstu said:

Smith has confirmed that Grealish is back.

HalleluJah    reckon its a wee bit too late for a final top 6 push-- but be great to see the lad back gracing Villa Park once more--

Welcome Back Jack  lad---

VTID--

EFL1 (Championship), Saturday 02/03/2019 : Aston Villa v Derby County, KO 15:00 hours.

26/02/2019 : After the midweek games, in which teams have played some or all of their games in hand, AVFC drop to 13th.
We are now 8 points off 6th place, which becomes 11 points with the game in hand above.

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today : Aston Villa 2-1 Derby County

Aston Villa's current 10 matches, AVFC are 13th in the Table.
Showing our opponents' League positions as at 26/02/2019 and results of games played.
Jan    12    SAT    A    27    Wigan Ath      L 0-3
Jan    19    SAT    H    28    Hull City      D 2-2
Jan    26    SAT    H    29    Ipswich T      W 2-1
Feb    02    SAT    A    30    Reading        D 0-0
Feb    09    SUN    H    31    Sheff Utd      D 3-3
Feb    13    Wed    A    32    Brentford      L 0-1
Feb    16    SAT    H    33    W B Albion     L 0-2
Feb    23    SAT    A    34    Stoke City     D 1-1
Mar    02    SAT    H    35    Derby County     7th
Mar    10    SUN    A    36    Birmingham       8th

The dreamer in me is thinking if we do Derby and all the other teams drop points the tables will look a lot better for us. Especially with blues coming up after Derby. Get Jack and Carroll a good 45 mins game time each and I hope elmo plays well to. He needs a good performance at right back. 

Probably be draw number 16, though the optimist in me keeps looking at that table and thinking 2 or 3 wins now, the return of Grealish and some confidence and the season wont be over just yet.

UTV.....hopefully !

23 hours ago, freddy said:

HalleluJah    reckon its a wee bit too late for a final top 6 push-- but be great to see the lad back gracing Villa Park once more--

Welcome Back Jack  lad---

VTID--

I have given up on the playoffs. I think its time to enjoy Grealish in a Villa shirt while it lasts.

No doubt he will be on his way this summer.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

14 hours ago, avstu said:

I have given up on the playoffs. I think its time to enjoy Grealish in a Villa shirt while it lasts.

No doubt he will be on his way this summer.

Yes agreed reckon we have kissed goodbye to the top 6-----you may be bang on about Jack---but just imagine the prospect of Jack, Supa John,Andre Green ---and if we could possibly extend the loans of Tammy and Tyrone Mings--all performing for a full season in the Claret and Blue---mouthwatering----i,m really liking Mings and his attitude reckon he would make a great captain for us----

anyway should Jack go---i only hope we have the gumption to install a "first option buy back clause" when any tour of duty elsewhere is completed.