FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

On 2/20/2019 at 12:33 PM, lifelongvilla said:

^^^^^^^^ exactly the type of fan thats making VP such a toxic place. 

You can't deny that Smith's stubbornness hasn't been partly to blame though? surely?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With what Smith has said in the mail over the last couple of days anyone who does want 4 4 2 can forget it. I have no clue why but I think we will win 1 0 today. I think we'll take the lead early on f

Can feel your frustration 100% mate. However, Villa Park has been toxic for a long time now. It has achieved nothing. We all love the Villa and all want the best regardless of our views. So why don't 

54 minutes ago, avstu said:

You can't deny that Smith's stubbornness hasn't been partly to blame though? surely?

Stubbornness?? We are in transition from playing defensive football to a more attacking style of play, it worked very well with our best 11 on the pitch, we persevered when we lost Jack,axel and Lansbury, and we fell short, you could see the confidence dropping with each result. Why change the philosophy and then start a fresh next season? doesn't make sense IMO. I'm not saying Smith is totally blameless, i'm sure he'd admit he's made mistakes with some of his selections and substitutions but to be fair, its not like we have huge squad to choose from. As a manager you cant mitigate for the likes of Taylor and his p*ss poor attitude when the going gets tough.  

How do people think we should be playing? 2 up top? 

No Jack no McGinn is a frightening prospect someone needs to stand up to be counted in midfield--no one has until now afraid i cant see anyone bothering today,hope the defence can hold out.

Stoke 0   AVFC  0

Come On You Lions.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

10 hours ago, lifelongvilla said:

Stubbornness?? We are in transition from playing defensive football to a more attacking style of play, it worked very well with our best 11 on the pitch, we persevered when we lost Jack,axel and Lansbury, and we fell short, you could see the confidence dropping with each result. Why change the philosophy and then start a fresh next season? doesn't make sense IMO. I'm not saying Smith is totally blameless, i'm sure he'd admit he's made mistakes with some of his selections and substitutions but to be fair, its not like we have huge squad to choose from. As a manager you cant mitigate for the likes of Taylor and his p*ss poor attitude when the going gets tough.  

How do people think we should be playing? 2 up top? 

I am not saying he should change formation. Equally, I am not saying he should change his thought process. However, it is clear this side cant play the way he likes. A good coach would work this out and adapt.

I have read articles over the past few months about great coaches (totally unrelated to Villa) and their approach to football They all have one common thing. They have to adapt until they can fully build a team that can play in their system.

I don't think we should move to 2 up top but I want him to change and try different things. 2 wins in 14 games and we have made no changes. Why not try El Ghazi as a no10? Why not try 3 at the back? I am sorry but we are losing so he needs to be seen to be trying to put things right.

I am not a boo boy. I have continually expressed my displeaser about our fans for years on here. I will back the lads 100% in the ground and save my moaning for forums/social media and the pub after the games.

The problem is - Villa fans have been through a lot over the last 7-8 years. They want to see a light at the end of the tunnel. We saw that when he come back in but so many will now tell you we looked more solid under Bruce. Than it itself is a problem.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

1 hour ago, freddy said:

No Jack no McGinn is a frightening prospect someone needs to stand up to be counted in midfield--no one has until now afraid i cant see anyone bothering today,hope the defence can hold out.

Stoke 0   AVFC  0

Come On You Lions.

Never been so disinterested.

I am looking forward to the rugby later. 

Mellberg_Signature.png

With what Smith has said in the mail over the last couple of days anyone who does want 4 4 2 can forget it. I have no clue why but I think we will win 1 0 today. I think we'll take the lead early on for some reason. I'm just not happy that the season feels over in February. Would also love Hourihane to score a belter, I'm intrigued to see what his attitude and performance will be like today. Either way UTV. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, LukeReeves92 said:

With what Smith has said in the mail over the last couple of days anyone who does want 4 4 2 can forget it. I have no clue why but I think we will win 1 0 today. I think we'll take the lead early on for some reason. I'm just not happy that the season feels over in February. Would also love Hourihane to score a belter, I'm intrigued to see what his attitude and performance will be like today. Either way UTV. 

Do you think maybe it is actually a good thing that we don't go up yet? Are we ready? Nope.

Our fans argue with each other on a regular basis. The squad is about to be ripped apart regardless of what happened in the summer. Maybe we should use the rest of the season to unite as one and prepare for a full-on push next season. Yes, we have said it all before but have we truly forgiven the club for being relegated in the first place? Have we as fans gotten over what happened on May 26th last year?

Mellberg_Signature.png

24 minutes ago, avstu said:

I am not saying he should change formation. Equally, I am not saying he should change his thought process. However, it is clear this side cant play the way he likes. A good coach would work this out and adapt.

I have read articles over the past few months about great coaches (totally unrelated to Villa) and their approach to football They all have one common thing. They have to adapt until they can fully build a team that can play in their system.

I don't think we should move to 2 up top but I want him to change and try different things. 2 wins in 14 games and we have made no changes. Why not try El Ghazi as a no10? Why not try 3 at the back? I am sorry but we are losing so he needs to be seen to be trying to put things right.

I am not a boo boy. I have continually expressed my displeaser about our fans for years on here. I will back the lads 100% in the ground and save my moaning for forums/social media and the pub after the games.

The problem is - Villa fans have been through a lot over the last 7-8 years. They want to see a light at the end of the tunnel. We saw that when he come back in but so many will now tell you we looked more solid under Bruce. Than it itself is a problem.

to play 3 at the back you need pace in those 3 and they need to be able read the game, as good as a defender john terry was, his lack of pace meant he wouldn't be good in a back 3 in the latter stages of his career and that was a world class defender.  I dont think we have the players to play that system, Mings and richie De leat could work but who else would you put with them??

Agreed, I'd also give El Ghazi a try at number 10 but I'd also give Kodjia a chance up top on his own. He holds the ball up so much better than Tammy does, just needs to up his work rate. 

We've all been suffering as fans, my youngest lad lives and breathes the villa and in his short life, has known nothing but disappointment where footballs concerned, the only thing that keeps us ALL going is hope, hope that things will eventually get better. We've had countless managers these last 8-9 years, always looking for the quick fix Yes we looked a bit more stable under bruce, but we never looked like we'd score and the football was awful to watch even when we'd won. When things dont go right at VP the fans turn far too quickly, getting on players backs almost instantly, you then hear those same fans talking shite, what the manager should be doing instead, these fat pissed up wankers couldn't kick a ball straight to save their kids lives and yet they've got all the answers and could do a better job themselves. Half of them cant walk up the steps of the Holte without getting out of breath!!!!

Do we carry on doing what we've done for the last 10 years,,, changing managers at the drop of a hat or do we get behind someone and give them time to build something?? I dont think we're that far away myself, if we could keep our best players in the summer and bring in a few additions I think we'd have a chance.  

UTV

Longlifevilla

Hands up!! Guilty! I’m a toxic fan!

and then hilarity ensued!!!

VP is made toxic by frustration watching the same old sh*t week in week out and a never ending flurry of poor managerial decisions which do nothing to appease the paying crowds!!! With current manager and previous! And then talking absolute bollox post match!!

The past 2 or so months and the inability to turn the corner by the current manager,please see results ffs! Are you blind man??

Its atrocious!!!

Only surviving “cos  he’s one of our own”

Any other manager would of had cabbages,parsnips,horse manure and bluenoses thrown at them by now!!

Sticking to the same tactics every f**cking game is so so so mind boggling!!

Yes you can make excuses for jack missing etc but ffs change it up a little ,not like for like every time!! It doesn’t work!!

as for Landsbury bog standard player no world beater or game changer!

and YES I can’t wait to see what/who DS brings in in summer cos this season has been a tragedy! 

My problem is I’d like to see him go for broke and step out of the box and so would the whole of VP,that’s why it’s toxic!

Have a go!!! Stop the boo boys by showing some passion and pride!!

Feels like we’ve stuck in

play draw lose repeat!

wZaXfsX.jpg

1 minute ago, lifelongvilla said:

to play 3 at the back you need pace in those 3 and they need to be able read the game, as good as a defender john terry was, his lack of pace meant he wouldn't be good in a back 3 in the latter stages of his career and that was a world class defender.  I dont think we have the players to play that system, Mings and richie De leat could work but who else would you put with them??

Agreed, I'd also give El Ghazi a try at number 10 but I'd also give Kodjia a chance up top on his own. He holds the ball up so much better than Tammy does, just needs to up his work rate. 

We've all been suffering as fans, my youngest lad lives and breathes the villa and in his short life, has known nothing but disappointment where footballs concerned, the only thing that keeps us ALL going is hope, hope that things will eventually get better. We've had countless managers these last 8-9 years, always looking for the quick fix Yes we looked a bit more stable under bruce, but we never looked like we'd score and the football was awful to watch even when we'd won. When things dont go right at VP the fans turn far too quickly, getting on players backs almost instantly, you then hear those same fans talking shite, what the manager should be doing instead, these fat pissed up wankers couldn't kick a ball straight to save their kids lives and yet they've got all the answers and could do a better job themselves. Half of them cant walk up the steps of the Holte without getting out of breath!!!!

Do we carry on doing what we've done for the last 10 years,,, changing managers at the drop of a hat or do we get behind someone and give them time to build something?? I dont think we're that far away myself, if we could keep our best players in the summer and bring in a few additions I think we'd have a chance.  

UTV

Re the back three: Hause is not slow. With what we have could we not use Mings and Hause with Elphick in the middle? Not saying it will work but is it not worth at least trying?

Agree with Kodjia. His work rate has always been a problem. Another issue is his decision making. Would not be surprised if he was allowed to leave in the summer. The club must sell though - not another loan so we end up with another McCormack issue.

I have had a conversation regarding our fans a few times. It was even covered in this article by one of our writers this week. We all think we are football managers and we could do a better job. Football is all about opinions and that's what makes forums (even if we are not as active as we once were).

I have said time and time again regarding Smith. It was an underwhelming appointment but I will back him. But he needs to come out a be brutely honest with us. We like how he talks tactically and we like how he says it as it is regarding performance. We either continue to fight for the playoffs or it's over - as most of us already think.

If he thinks the same then he needs to use players he wants to keep around and keep those who will be leaving away from the first team at every opportunity.

Mellberg_Signature.png

• Larry-AV changed the title to Stoke City 1-1 Aston Villa
  • avstu unpinned this topic