Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
rufustfirefly

Is our Academy that poor?

Is our Academy that poor?

I’ve got to ask the question,it’s now 12:25am and I just can’t get over another loss and our awful demise,it’s giving me sleepless nights just as bad as when Lescott said he was finally relieved that’s over and we’re down!!! c**t!!

I blame both,players and management but what bugs me the most,is:

Has DS seen our academy players,took one look and thought,hold on,I’ve got f*ck all to work with here,as it seems the only ones with any guile have been farmed out.Something I don’t quite get?

So he must believe he’s unable to affect results as there’s none he can trust to step up.Thus continues with the shite left behind by previous management incarnations!

So should we the fans,accept the defeats and give him some slack?

Or should performances be so much better even ehen we lose?

And is our academy that poor?

You views gentlemen?

wZaXfsX.jpg

We've shipped some of the ones with most potential out mate (I'm guessing for game time and experience) and I don't think any player should be wrapped up in cotton wool but you could argue its best to keep them away at the moment. Things are getting toxic again, that Hourihane booing was mad, its hard to feel sorry for a millionaire but I did. I really think we should just forget this season. Whatever manager bought some of this sh*t shouldn't work again. The best players on that pitch yesterday were loaned players, that says it all. Tyrone mings was head and shoulders above them all so fair play to Smith for getting him in. It's horrible to watch and I said yesterday I won't be going again this year home or away. I don't like what I'm seeing and it genuinely ruins my weekend. 

From what I have read Smith has told certain players that they have no futures at the Villa and doesn't want the youth lads in and around the 'toxic vibe' at the club.

Firstly, if that is true - then its easy to see why half the players couldn't care less.

As for the youth lads - we have been calling for them to be given a chance - many of them have virtually no first team experience what so ever. They will benifit no ends and hopefully we will see the benefits of their loan spells next season.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

5 hours ago, avstu said:

From what I have read Smith has told certain players that they have no futures at the Villa and doesn't want the youth lads in and around the 'toxic vibe' at the club.

Firstly, if that is true - then its easy to see why half the players couldn't care less.

As for the youth lads - we have been calling for them to be given a chance - many of them have virtually no first team experience what so ever. They will benifit no ends and hopefully we will see the benefits of their loan spells next season.

Maybe their p*ss poor attitudes day to day has left him with little choice, let be fair,, if they can't be arsed to give their all in training and on match days then why the f*ck should they be paid so handsomely?? We've had more than our fair share of that ilk over the last few years!! If the fans, who pay good money week in week out had that attitude, we'd have our P45 landing on our door step in a jiffy! F*ck them off.

18 hours ago, avstu said:

I cant have that Smith has told certain players they will be off in the summer. Surely no manager is that stupid. I just think this lack of effort thing is actually the players not being good enough. Mid table championship players at best. For 25 odd minutes on saturday they were holding there own and looked decent but the first goal killed the game off. Us fans will always speculate whats going on behind the scenes but truth is we will never know. 

20 hours ago, lifelongvilla said:

Maybe their p*ss poor attitudes day to day has left him with little choice, let be fair,, if they can't be arsed to give their all in training and on match days then why the f*ck should they be paid so handsomely?? We've had more than our fair share of that ilk over the last few years!! If the fans, who pay good money week in week out had that attitude, we'd have our P45 landing on our door step in a jiffy! F*ck them off.

I think a fair few will be off. I am past blaming the managers now. We have had many managers and are constantly let down by these players.

8 hours ago, LukeReeves92 said:

I cant have that Smith has told certain players they will be off in the summer. Surely no manager is that stupid. I just think this lack of effort thing is actually the players not being good enough. Mid table championship players at best. For 25 odd minutes on saturday they were holding there own and looked decent but the first goal killed the game off. Us fans will always speculate whats going on behind the scenes but truth is we will never know. 

You have a point - it is all hearsay and none of us will never know what's going on. I didn't think we were THAT bad on Saturday.

You say they are mid table championship players but I don't buy that. We have seen what they are capable of. The problem for whatever reason is they don't seem to be able to motivate themselves on a weekly basis.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I think Dean needs to realise the team he's picking isn't capable of this playing it out from the back football without axel and jack. Just go back to basics 4 4 2, let Davis have a go, pick our 2 most willing midfielders and pick one of the 4 wingers we have in el ghazi, green, adomah and Ramsey. I genuinely believe that would change a few things. As I've said before look at the blues, average squad, play 4 4 2 with a big man and little man playing off each other up top and doing very well (apart from last week against Bolton which does happen in this league). Going back to the meaning of this subject of the youth/academy, for those that don't know much about them or watch them I suggest you do. Some very very tidy players in there that imo deserve at least a cameo appearance like Ramsey. I'm not saying they will be the next big thing but they definitely offer younger legs and lots of energy. 

4 4 2 seems basic, but it's not that easy to play that formation with a type of squad we have. At least that the impression I'm under. Could be wrong.

Its mad this subject has come back up today. I was in a delivery van with Callum O'Hares cousin today who happened to be a bluenose. He told me Callum is completely dedicated to breaking into our first team 11. He even instigated the loan move because he was making the match day squads (with no game time) which meant he couldn't play midweek with the U23s so he wasn't playing often at all. This cousin said that Callum is the all round professional, he never drinks his always training and it really gets him down when he is on the bench and doesn't get any minutes. Callum was even a bluenose up until he was signed by the villa and now he loves the club. He even showed me a picture and Callum wearing his villa top on Xmas day lol. He told me loads about not just Callum but about the villa as a whole and it seems fairly positive.  

23 minutes ago, LukeReeves92 said:

Its mad this subject has come back up today. I was in a delivery van with Callum O'Hares cousin today who happened to be a bluenose. He told me Callum is completely dedicated to breaking into our first team 11. He even instigated the loan move because he was making the match day squads (with no game time) which meant he couldn't play midweek with the U23s so he wasn't playing often at all. This cousin said that Callum is the all round professional, he never drinks his always training and it really gets him down when he is on the bench and doesn't get any minutes. Callum was even a bluenose up until he was signed by the villa and now he loves the club. He even showed me a picture and Callum wearing his villa top on Xmas day lol. He told me loads about not just Callum but about the villa as a whole and it seems fairly positive.  

Sounds like he has a great attitude and he seems to be doing well on loan. I found it very frustrating that Smith brought players like O'Hare onto the bench but never gave them a chance and instead we would see someone like Elmo trudge on. 

We have feck all to play for this season, we're not going up and we're not going down....well I doubt it anyway and we will never have had a better chance to blood some of these players but at least a lot of them have gone out on loan which is good. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."