Jump to content

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Brentford 1-0 Aston Villa

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, avstu said:

I am really hoping the late show against Sheffield United will kick start our season.

I hope so stu although I'm far from confident. I am feeling another draw and I would like to see Hourihane, kodjia and jedinak dropped. I'm not a Hourihane hater by any means but I do feel he needs a break as there was a few times in the game I feel like there wasnt enough effort from him. I'd play 4 2 3 1 with the same back 4 (unless chezzie is back fit) the 2 I'd have whelan and McGinn, the 3 I'd have green el ghazi and adomah with el ghazi playing in the middle of the 3 and obvs tammy up top. Kodjia was to lazy on Friday and jedinak, well I think we can all agree he was terrible. UTV. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we havent beaten Brentford since going down----its about time we did!  and need to continue where we finished friday --no reason why we cant----be great if Jack is back but i doubt it----I,m hoping Jedi and Kodjia are dropped----Green deserves the nod and maybe Whelan---but would prefer him to get the last 30 minutes ,-----

Come On You Lions----

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EFL1 (Championship), Wednesday 13/02/2019 : Brentford v Aston Villa, KO 19:45 hours, SKY.

10/02/2019 : Seeing that we have not beaten Brentford since 2016 (thanks, Freddy), I blame our previous Managers ... I wonder if our current Manager will be able to break this hoodoo ? whistling.gif

Aston Villa's current 10 matches, AVFC are 10th in the Table.
Showing our opponents' League positions as at 10/02/2019 and results of games played.
Jan    12    SAT    A    27    Wigan Ath      L 0-3
Jan    19    SAT    H    28    Hull City      D 2-2
Jan    26    SAT    H    29    Ipswich T      W 2-1
Feb    02    SAT    A    30    Reading        D 0-0
Feb    09    SUN    H    31    Sheff Utd      D 3-3
Feb    13    Wed    A    32    Brentford       18th
Feb    16    SAT    H    33    W B Albion       4th
Feb    23    SAT    A    34    Stoke City      17th
Mar    02    SAT    H    35    Derby County     7th
Mar    10    SUN    A    36    Birmingham       8th

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today : Brentford 1-1 Aston Villa

 

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 2:52 PM, LukeReeves92 said:

I hope so stu although I'm far from confident. I am feeling another draw and I would like to see Hourihane, kodjia and jedinak dropped. I'm not a Hourihane hater by any means but I do feel he needs a break as there was a few times in the game I feel like there wasnt enough effort from him. I'd play 4 2 3 1 with the same back 4 (unless chezzie is back fit) the 2 I'd have whelan and McGinn, the 3 I'd have green el ghazi and adomah with el ghazi playing in the middle of the 3 and obvs tammy up top. Kodjia was to lazy on Friday and jedinak, well I think we can all agree he was terrible. UTV. 

I am never confident when Villa are involved, I will be honest.

I would go back to Whelan holding, McGinn box to box and Hourihane further forward. Whelan and McGinn are most effective in those roles which leave Hourihane to be effective or not in a more advanced role.

I don't think we will see Jedinak again personally. Wouldnt surprise me if Carroll started. Was only an illness the weekend wasn't it?


Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, freddy said:

we havent beaten Brentford since going down----its about time we did!  and need to continue where we finished friday --no reason why we cant----be great if Jack is back but i doubt it----I,m hoping Jedi and Kodjia are dropped----Green deserves the nod and maybe Whelan---but would prefer him to get the last 30 minutes ,-----

Come On You Lions----

I have a sneaky feeling Jack will be back for WBA.. I don't know why, I just do.


Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, avstu said:

I am never confident when Villa are involved, I will be honest.

I would go back to Whelan holding, McGinn box to box and Hourihane further forward. Whelan and McGinn are most effective in those roles which leave Hourihane to be effective or not in a more advanced role.

I don't think we will see Jedinak again personally. Wouldnt surprise me if Carroll started. Was only an illness the weekend wasn't it?

i was told on friday but cant think who by---that Carroll had picked up a knock in training ( yet another what goes on at B.H,?) and was expected to be not available for at least 10 days! i really hope this is incorrect--becos new blood is urgently needed in midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, freddy said:

i was told on friday but cant think who by---that Carroll had picked up a knock in training ( yet another what goes on at B.H,?) and was expected to be not available for at least 10 days! i really hope this is incorrect--becos new blood is urgently needed in midfield.

He has had a lot of injury problems this year. That's what surprises me about the signing in the first place.


Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...