Jump to content

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
rufustfirefly

Please someone DEFEND what we are witnessing!!

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, LukeReeves92 said:

The last sentence is one of the truest things I've ever read on this site. The expectation of the fans doesn't suit the situation we're in. I really think there will be that much of a change to our team starting next season. You look at Brentford right now, that's still a Dean Smith team that he built and they are arguably playing the best football in the league right now with players most would call average. I've wrote this season off personally. I'll still enjoy it and I hope we finish there or there abouts the playoffs. I would of liked to of seen more of our younger players get more game time instead of the journey men like kodjia etc. I really think Smith is playing the only way we really can right now. We are a leaky team and he wants to stop that, all the while we have a weak midfield without grealish. As much as I'd like to see us play 2 up top I don't think this team or these players are capable right now with the players available. I also can't help but think if the fans bought into his project and got behind the team and lowered their expectations the team would play better for it. You can hear in the players interviews and twitter accounts that they need us behind them. 

That last sentence is one of the best I’ve seen on here!!

”they need us behind them “

Ive got NO problems getting behind the players!

I’ll show them exactly where the exits are!!

They can all go!!

TRASH!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LukeReeves92 said:

The last sentence is one of the truest things I've ever read on this site. The expectation of the fans doesn't suit the situation we're in. I really think there will be that much of a change to our team starting next season. You look at Brentford right now, that's still a Dean Smith team that he built and they are arguably playing the best football in the league right now with players most would call average. I've wrote this season off personally. I'll still enjoy it and I hope we finish there or there abouts the playoffs. I would of liked to of seen more of our younger players get more game time instead of the journey men like kodjia etc. I really think Smith is playing the only way we really can right now. We are a leaky team and he wants to stop that, all the while we have a weak midfield without grealish. As much as I'd like to see us play 2 up top I don't think this team or these players are capable right now with the players available. I also can't help but think if the fans bought into his project and got behind the team and lowered their expectations the team would play better for it. You can hear in the players interviews and twitter accounts that they need us behind them. 

How low do you want to lower our expectations, I only ask we be competitive, is that to much?

Wouldn't be as bad if we weren't facing FFP issues due to us having such a large wage bill, for such a load of dross.


"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, markymark said:

How low do you want to lower our expectations, I only ask we be competitive, is that to much?

Wouldn't be as bad if we weren't facing FFP issues due to us having such a large wage bill, for such a load of dross.

 

9 hours ago, rufustfirefly said:

That last sentence is one of the best I’ve seen on here!!

”they need us behind them “

Ive got NO problems getting behind the players!

I’ll show them exactly where the exits are!!

They can all go!!

TRASH!

I agree lads the team ain't good enough. People talk about us having one of if not the strongest sides in the league. I think we have a load of overrated journey men who have no fight at all. On the other hand I do believe there are a good bunch of players that do care like Chester grealish mcginn Green etc. I can't wait for the season to end so Smith can chuck out some of this tat and build a young hungry side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what i cannot understand is that EVERY team we play appear to have more players on the dam pitch!!  the 2 "wingers" "wing backs" or whatever the proper modern day term is DO NOT do enough---midfield consists of McGinn ---and no body else.Tammy is always alone--

Albert has that bemusing smile whatever the score is---El Ghazi trots around and dont put himself out one iota, other teams work their b*****s off----

 compare the wages and trappings that go along with being a professional footballer--to say last nights opposition---the current crop are a thorough disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LukeReeves92 said:

 

I agree lads the team ain't good enough. People talk about us having one of if not the strongest sides in the league. I think we have a load of overrated journey men who have no fight at all. On the other hand I do believe there are a good bunch of players that do care like Chester grealish mcginn Green etc. I can't wait for the season to end so Smith can chuck out some of this tat and build a young hungry side. 

i agree but why not start now?   we aint got a cat in hells chance of landing in the top 6----the way they play they dont want to- i reckon we are safe from the drop---whats it matter if we finish 7th or 19th-so drop the dross send back the ones on loan except Tammy -blimey Carroll is permanently injured it seem,s Hause aint no better than Taylor,and play the ones who will be carrying the club forward next season--,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, freddy said:

i agree but why not start now?   we aint got a cat in hells chance of landing in the top 6----the way they play they dont want to- i reckon we are safe from the drop---whats it matter if we finish 7th or 19th-so drop the dross send back the ones on loan except Tammy -blimey Carroll is permanently injured it seem,s Hause aint no better than Taylor,and play the ones who will be carrying the club forward next season--,

Tbh Freddy i ruled top 6 out with the Wigan game. I was saying to myself anything higher then 8th places finish is a bonus. I felt for Hause yesterday as well, the effort was there but his positioning was off but thats expected as a centre back playing left back. That's what doesn't make sense, id rather play our left back playing kids then someone out of position. I really want to see Smith start to change this team around now i cant defend him sticking with the same sh*t every week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LukeReeves92 said:

Tbh Freddy i ruled top 6 out with the Wigan game. I was saying to myself anything higher then 8th places finish is a bonus. I felt for Hause yesterday as well, the effort was there but his positioning was off but thats expected as a centre back playing left back. That's what doesn't make sense, id rather play our left back playing kids then someone out of position. I really want to see Smith start to change this team around now i cant defend him sticking with the same sh*t every week. 

Thats exactly what Joe and me said after the thraping at Wigan-----it was so disorganised,they played as though they had just met and been cobbled togther to put out a side!!! had a bit of banter with Will Grigg ---and wished we had gone for him would compliment Tammy but then Hogan was,nt really given a chance---its not Smithy,s style is it?--

the one thing for sure is this current mob cant hold their own against  ---Wigan Brentford, can only force a draw at Reading Ipswich,so what chance would they have against Chelski Citeh Spuds Utd Liverpool,------Palace Newcastle?  the prospect and possible score-line is frightening and of nightmare proportion-----

staying put in the Championship --is more than likely a blessing in disguise!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, freddy said:

i agree but why not start now?   we aint got a cat in hells chance of landing in the top 6----the way they play they dont want to- i reckon we are safe from the drop---whats it matter if we finish 7th or 19th-so drop the dross send back the ones on loan except Tammy -blimey Carroll is permanently injured it seem,s Hause aint no better than Taylor,and play the ones who will be carrying the club forward next season--,

My point exactly Freddy!!

ive been saying it for weeks,f*ck this pile of shite,we are safe and are not going up,so pack out the squad with youngsters and see if they are good enough for next season!!

But NO DS farms half out!! WTF!!

Really smells of inept man management!

Was Hogan not a star man under DS but now loaned? Correct me if I’m wrong!

I can only believe DS is deluded and believes we will make the playoffs! I’d rather another season with a genuine squad that would have half a chance to survive in the premiership!

The fans have every right to moan at this overpriced overrated manure that show

NO passion,

NO pride,

NO intensity,

NO quality,

NO composure,

NO effort,

NO vision,

and have

NO right to wear a Villa shirt!!

TRASH

UTV!!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what well and truly boils my p****  is when folk say we the fans are partly to blame for our plight  and position !!!  WTF??

We aint on the pitch --we aint passing to the off field hoardings-, we aint shying out of tackles,we aint halfhearted, we dont lack passon pride purpose or commitment, we  we dont pick the team, we dont train them -in fact does anybody?  and we dont choose formation or tactics--

----but what we do do is travel all over this country following The Claret and Blue  costing vast amounts and precious time which we cant get back- and furthermore we LOVE OUR CLUB--and if thats a crime then so be it, if grown men who receive enormous grossly exaggerated wages cant take a bit of criticism ahh thats a crying shame--- then F.F.S. grow some!!

when i worked and when i played football if i fell short i got told in no uncertain terms---thats the way it should be thats the way it is in the real world!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...