Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Aston Villa 2-1 Ipswich

EFL1 (Championship), Saturday 26/01/2019 : Aston Villa v Ipswich Town, KO 15:00 hours.

21/01/2019 : We confront bad memories on Saturday (Australia Day) with a team managed by Paul Lambert and in danger of going down. Let us trust that AVFC does not go 'down under' in this match !!!

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today : Aston Villa 3-1 Ipswich Town - Let's get back on track.

Aston Villa's current 10 matches, AVFC are 13th in the Table.
Showing our opponents' League positions as at 21/01/2019 and results of games played.
Jan    12    SAT    A    27    Wigan Ath    L 0-3
Jan    19    SAT    H    28    Hull City    D 2-2
Jan    26    SAT    H    29    Ipswich T    24th
Feb    02    SAT    A    30    Reading      22nd
Feb    09    SUN    H    31    Sheff Utd     4th
Feb    13    Wed    A    32    Brentford    17th
Feb    16    SAT    H    33    W B Albion    3rd
Feb    23    SAT    A    34    Stoke City   15th
Mar    02    SAT    H    35    Derby County  6th
Mar    10    SUN    A    36    Birmingham   11th

Edited by Larry-AV
Update.

I was hoping we would have a player or 2 in for this one but hey ho. Can't help but think that lamberk will do all he can to rally his players and I think it'll be a harder game than we think so I reckon 1-1. I'd like to see us attack attack attack and for the fans to get behind the players, villa Park has been an embarrassment lately for both atmosphere and people booing the players and manager. 

If that Ipswich fella manages to put one over the Villa in our own backyard,then I’m afraid the toxic avengers will be out to hammer Mr.Smith!!

History alone should be enough to rally the players against that Ipswich fella and nothing less than a win would be acceptable imho!!

Losing this one game especially would be the gravest of insults to us so called “fickle “ fans!!

Its match day-Yippee,

depends which Villa decides to turn up hopefully it will be a hungry proud one cos lets face it to loose or even draw today against the rock bottom club who will probably end up relegated would virtually extinguish the remotest chance of a top 6 spot.

Safe travels to all who are coming i hope we will all be smiling tonight.

Come On You Lions.

VTID.

I'm feeling confident today. 3 1 to the villa, green gets a goal and tammy does the rest. Would love to see a few of the younger lads In and around the team today as well especially ohare and Doyle Hayes, Doyle Hayes is the midfielder we're missing right now for me but who knows. Have a good day people hopefully were all buzzing come 5 o clock. 

DS wtf? 

Is it 4-1-4-1 again?

Whelan again ?!?!? Ffs!!

We must have a really SHITE academy if none can get a game against the bottom club in place of Whelan!!! 

DS is becoming predictable now,same ol same ol, (feels like Bruce in disguise) I’ll still give him the 3 transfer windows but that’s it!!!!

As for 5 years f**cking mental!!

Elmo f**kin hell!!

Following in Bruce’s footsteps,poor subs,yes we finally got over the line v the titanic tractor boys!! How poor have we become?!?!? Said it before take TA out and we would be bottom 3!!

Yhank god for the dubious penalty panel as this would of finished

1-1!

Bruce would have been murdered by us by yet another awful display ,just wondering how many get out of jail cards DS has got??

EFL1 (Championship), Saturday 26/01/2019 : Aston Villa 2-1 Ipswich Town

I predicted 3-1 but Sod's Law gave my default prediction score in a match that looks like it should have been 4-1 to AVFC, if not more. Apparently the Ipswich goal was a 'worldie'. This result lifts AVFC to 10th, 4 points off the play-off places, but games in hand above mean we should assume the gap is still 7 points.
Per the SSN Live Commentary the attempts (including goals) were 11-3 & 13-4 = 24-7 to AVFC.

Attendance : 33,653 (SSN)

Edited by Larry-AV
Update.