FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Wigan 3-0 Aston Villa

3 hours ago, freddy said:

That return journey from Wembley was absolutely awful---almost as bad as our performance against f****g Fulham,--the semi -final celebrations against Boro were cut off thanks to clowns running onto the pitch---and turned into an anti-climax,

but cant see a top 2 finish--not unless we go on a pro-longed winning run shore the leaky defence up manage to hold onto a lead and turn the draws into wins,.

Agree with you Rich and Freddy, I barely spoke to anyone for 2 days after that Wembley heart ache. That was my sons first taste of Wembley, not one he'll care to remember. Hopefully we can put that behind us and it'll be us thats smiling come the final whistle,, I just cant see us getting an automatic spot with our fragile defence. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couldn't agree more with this right now. 

Bang on Lifelong gee it was bad enough for us adults i can but imagine how your lad felt- but as you say thats all behind us and in all honesty have to say i cant see Smithy being so easily out thought out planned and out technicalised as Bruce was should we make that trip again;and as long as Tammy Jack and McGinn are playing we will always have a chance no matter who the opposition may be.

VTID

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

14 hours ago, freddy said:

That return journey from Wembley was absolutely awful---almost as bad as our performance against f****g Fulham,--the semi -final celebrations against Boro were cut off thanks to clowns running onto the pitch---and turned into an anti-climax,

but cant see a top 2 finish--not unless we go on a pro-longed winning run shore the leaky defence up manage to hold onto a lead and turn the draws into wins,.

It was awful mate. Horrible, quiet and sullen train ride home. 

But I agree I can't see top 2 anymore which is frustrating. That's the state Bruce left us in after only managing 1 win in 10, Christ, even if it was 3 in 10 look where we'd be now

mzjj.jpg

We really need to get back on track here. Hopefully Hause can do a decent job.

Too many passengers like Hourihane at times with this team, hopefully Smith's talk of work rate with the team will have paid off. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

1 hour ago, Dublin Villain said:

Too many passengers like Hourihane at times with this team, hopefully Smith's talk of work rate with the team will have paid off. 

sorry mate I sold your ticket lol

2 hours ago, Dublin Villain said:

Too true --man, have been a bit disappointed with most of them but Hourihane especially --he blows hot and then very very cold,a Barnsley fan i know raved about him--i like the lad but has fallen so far way short of expectations--too many on too many times have been passengers---as you say hopefully Smiths talks with them will ram the point home--the next 4 games which are all winnable will have imo a real bearing on where we will finish---the gap between 6th spot and where we currently are cannot grow any more,

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

21 hours ago, JustRich said:

It was awful mate. Horrible, quiet and sullen train ride home. 

But I agree I can't see top 2 anymore which is frustrating. That's the state Bruce left us in after only managing 1 win in 10, Christ, even if it was 3 in 10 look where we'd be now

Bruce was to blame for many things, but he didn’t cause the disgraceful state that Xia and Wyness got us into. As awful as I felt after the playoff defeat, in hindsight I’m pleased we didn’t go up and we have a new era to look forward to. Promotion would’ve allowed those frauds to brush all the problems under the carpet. Sometimes you have to go back to go forward. 

53 minutes ago, Andy said:

Bruce was to blame for many things, but he didn’t cause the disgraceful state that Xia and Wyness got us into. As awful as I felt after the playoff defeat, in hindsight I’m pleased we didn’t go up and we have a new era to look forward to. Promotion would’ve allowed those frauds to brush all the problems under the carpet. Sometimes you have to go back to go forward. 

True mate true. I'm just worried about the future if we don't go up without any more parachute payments. I know we make a lot of money commercially, but premier league money is where it's at

mzjj.jpg

1 hour ago, JustRich said:

True mate true. I'm just worried about the future if we don't go up without any more parachute payments. I know we make a lot of money commercially, but premier league money is where it's at

I think the past two and a half seasons have proven that the parachute payments make little difference, our problem was that we were relegated with a squad full of players nowhere near good enough to go back up and the off pitch problems in the summer screwed up what we should have been able to build on from last season.

• Larry-AV changed the title to Wigan 3-0 Aston Villa
  • avstu unpinned this topic