Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Aston Villa 2-2 QPR

EFL1 (Championship), Tuesday 01/01/2019 : Aston Villa 2-2 Queens Park Rangers

Another draw (despite us having 22 attempts to QPR's 11), meaning another 2 points dropped and AVFC slip one place to 10th in the table. Fortunately the combination of results today sees us still 5 points off the play-off places, so although things should be better, they are not worse.

Attendance : 37,760 (SSN)

Aston Villa's current 10 matches, AVFC are 10th in the Table.
Nov    10    SAT    A    17    Derby County  W 3-0
Nov    25    SUN    H    18    Birmingham    W 4-2
Nov    28    Wed    H    19    Nottm Forest  D 5-5
DEC    01    SAT    A    20    Middlesbro    W 3-0
Dec    07    Fri    A    21    W B Albion    D 2-2
Dec    15    SAT    H    22    Stoke City    D 2-2
Dec    23    SUN    H    23    Leeds Utd     L 2-3
Dec    26    Wed    A    24    Swansea       W 1-0
Dec    29    SAT    A    25    Preston N E   D 1-1
JAN    01    Tue    H    26    Q P Rangers   D 2-2

AVFC RFC SAFC

4 home games without a win and the 9 points dropped would have seen us 2 points behind Norwich....luckily those above us are having a good go at dropping points themselves so they can still be caught, if we can repair some of the damage done to our squad in the summer during this window. 

1 minute ago, dorset lion said:

4 home games without a win and the 9 points dropped would have seen us 2 points behind Norwich....luckily those above us are having a good go at dropping points themselves so they can still be caught, if we can repair some of the damage done to our squad in the summer during this window. 

We've had a bid accepted for Hause from wolves. Young centre half and England u21 international. I have a good feeling Smith will add 2 3 faces to this squad in quick time during this window. As for today it is points dropped but we didnt lose and we were much better than we were against Preston. Rest every player against Swansea in the cup I think it's needed plus we don't need more injuries. 

Another below par performance. 

Smith has stated that Hourihane and McGinn are tired but continue with them? Baffles me stuff like this does.

Once again, a team pinpointed Hutton as the weakness and exploited him. The sooner is replaced the better. 

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

54 minutes ago, avstu said:

Another below par performance. 

Smith has stated that Hourihane and McGinn are tired but continue with them? Baffles me stuff like this does.

Once again, a team pinpointed Hutton as the weakness and exploited him. The sooner is replaced the better. 

What's more baffling stu is this grealish injury. 

1 hour ago, LukeReeves92 said:

We've had a bid accepted for Hause from wolves. Young centre half and England u21 international. I have a good feeling Smith will add 2 3 faces to this squad in quick time during this window. As for today it is points dropped but we didnt lose and we were much better than we were against Preston. Rest every player against Swansea in the cup I think it's needed plus we don't need more injuries. 

I don't know much about this kid so just looked him up, barely played a game for 2 years which doesn't bode well, hope I'm wrong as for the cup game I'd rest those that needed it and try give a few of the kids a chance...we keep loaning other clubs youngsters instead of using our own under 23s.

2 minutes ago, dorset lion said:

I don't know much about this kid so just looked him up, barely played a game for 2 years which doesn't bode well, hope I'm wrong as for the cup game I'd rest those that needed it and try give a few of the kids a chance...we keep loaning other clubs youngsters instead of using our own under 23s.

He was once highly thought of at wolves but obviously with the new owners and nuno buying foreign players (and rightly so) he has quite obviously dropped down the pecking order. We need cover, when we have axel, Chester and Elphick I think we will be OK. We need full backs and pacey ones to help the likes of bolasie and el ghazi down the wing.

9 minutes ago, LukeReeves92 said:

He was once highly thought of at wolves but obviously with the new owners and nuno buying foreign players (and rightly so) he has quite obviously dropped down the pecking order. We need cover, when we have axel, Chester and Elphick I think we will be OK. We need full backs and pacey ones to help the likes of bolasie and el ghazi down the wing.

Hopefully he'll improve us.

I was pleased to see Abraham play today, with all the media speculation about him returning to Chelsea I was half expecting him to not feature.

2 minutes ago, dorset lion said:

Hopefully he'll improve us.

I was pleased to see Abraham play today, with all the media speculation about him returning to Chelsea I was half expecting him to not feature.

I know giroud is injured at Chelsea and all that but I can't see Chelsea having tammy back when they have their amount of money available. Tammy didn't do it In the prem so I can't see them risking it so hopefully he stays.