Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Aston Villa 2-2 QPR

Aston Villa v Queens Park Rangers

Pre/post-match discussion, live chat and the verdict.

Abraham with the only goal against Preston

2018-19 EFL Championship. Matchday 26.

Tuesday 01 January 2019

Villa Park

15.00 (GMT) Kick off

EFL1 (Championship), Tuesday 01/01/2019 : Aston Villa v Queens Park Rangers, KO 15:00 hours.

30/12/2018 : AVFC have 37 points with GD at +9 from 25 games and are 5 points off the play-off places.
Although we only had one defeat (and that was gifted) in the current 10 games, DS' statement about draws being a killer is proven true by the difference between where we are and where we could have been with those dropped points (8 in all so far).

Aston Villa's current 10 matches, AVFC are 9th in the Table.
Showing our opponents' League positions and results from the first 9 games.
Nov    10    SAT    A    17    Derby County  W 3-0
Nov    25    SUN    H    18    Birmingham    W 4-2
Nov    28    Wed    H    19    Nottm Forest  D 5-5
DEC    01    SAT    A    20    Middlesbro    W 3-0
Dec    07    Fri    A    21    W B Albion    D 2-2
Dec    15    SAT    H    22    Stoke City    D 2-2
Dec    23    SUN    H    23    Leeds Utd     L 2-3
Dec    26    Wed    A    24    Swansea       W 1-0
Dec    29    SAT    A    25    Preston N E   D 1-1
JAN    01    Tue    H    26    Q P Rangers   8th

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today : Aston Villa 3-1 Queens Park Rangers

Badly need to get some creativity into the side here.

I suggested it before but I would honestly debate trying El Ghazi in the no.10 role. He can hold the ball up, add magic when least expected and isnt afraid to shoot.

I think smithy will change 1 or 2 things up for this one. I'd play bree at right back and Elphick along side Chester. I really hope we pull something out of the bag cos our fickle lot will be booing before we know it. 

Need an early goal because like you say Luke there will be boos before we know it. 

I wouldn't call an end to end game against the leagues form side with a dodgy final goal and a poor performance against a tricky Preston side wheels falling off! Annoying yes, should have won both games yes but even so. A lot of football to be played and a lot of injuries. 

16 hours ago, JustRich said:

Need an early goal because like you say Luke there will be boos before we know it. 

I wouldn't call an end to end game against the leagues form side with a dodgy final goal and a poor performance against a tricky Preston side wheels falling off! Annoying yes, should have won both games yes but even so. A lot of football to be played and a lot of injuries. 

I'd be amazed if there are boos. I was there Saturday and although most were unhappy - they get that this isnt smiths side. 

Smith does talk a good game and is usually honest. That helps. If we are not good enough, he states it and the fans can appreciate that.

QPR will do what they did at Loftus Road. Sit deep and play a long ball up to their striker and try to bully/counter our defence. Our problem right now is creativity. We lack it - massively. In Whelan, Hourihane and McGinn we have 3 very similar types of midfielders.

I have said it a few times but I would honestly try someone else in the role that Jack plays.

2 hours ago, avstu said:

I'd be amazed if there are boos. I was there Saturday and although most were unhappy - they get that this isnt smiths side. 

Smith does talk a good game and is usually honest. That helps. If we are not good enough, he states it and the fans can appreciate that.

QPR will do what they did at Loftus Road. Sit deep and play a long ball up to their striker and try to bully/counter our defence. Our problem right now is creativity. We lack it - massively. In Whelan, Hourihane and McGinn we have 3 very similar types of midfielders.

I have said it a few times but I would honestly try someone else in the role that Jack plays.

Callum o'hare could change it up stu he is ready as is doyel Hayes. I follow our u23s and there are some very decent players. We have a serious injury crisis tomorrow though so everybody prepare for a bad result. The only bonus is Elphick is back. 

6 hours ago, avstu said:

Seat 85,row 19 ,he slagged smith and whelan all game, are you deaf,loads of boos at full time 

3 hours ago, LukeReeves92 said:

Callum o'hare could change it up stu he is ready as is doyel Hayes. I follow our u23s and there are some very decent players. We have a serious injury crisis tomorrow though so everybody prepare for a bad result. The only bonus is Elphick is back. 

So do I, still don't think ohare is good enough