Jump to content

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Preston 1-1 Aston Villa

Recommended Posts

After this result AVFC's total Form Points fell from 69 to 68 ... that is, points after 46 games.
The maximum available is now 100 points, with 63 points left to play for.
AVFC stay above par and are 9th in the table, with 37 points and GD at +9 from 25 games.

 


AVFC RFC SAFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After some excellent results under Smith the past month has been disappointing but I said when Smith came in if he could keep us within touching distance of the play offs and strengthen in January I'd be happy.

Who wants automatic promotion when we could do Albion in the semi final play off and then Blues at Wembley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably the worst 90 mins of football I've seen from villa in a year. Tammy on his own up front without grealish is self sabotage. We let them attack and attack and there was a lack of urgency from the players to move to receive the ball and make space. I think we need a few changes in the next game, I'd personally rest bolasie, hourihane and I'd drop elmo and play bree at right back. It isn't ideal but play one of the kids centre half until we can get elphick back for fucks sake we are shaking like a shitting dog when teams hit us on the break. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Players seem tired too many games in a short space of time too many old and tiring legs -not enough changes i,m sure i read somewhere Smithy said he would rotate-a primary factor is Jack and secondary Axel and Taylor all missing Jack is able to hold up play taking pressure off the back 4 and he also keeps at least 2 opponents occupied,Axel and Taylor both play in their natural positions-Elmo is a liability with costly errors every game hopefully with Elphick recalled he will now play and Bree will be given a run at RB.


2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slow and lacklustre. 

The performance wasn't good enough and it wasn't against Swansea.

My first criticism of the current management is not freshening things up. I know we are short on numbers in certain areas but we still had players who were good enough to go on the bench. 

Hogan, Davis, Bjarnason, Kodjia, Adomah and possible Raven could have all been given a start.

Two massive points dropped and we were lucky to come away with a point.


Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad times when we are relying on an Elphick recall!!

yet another atrocious CB!!

Think the “one of our own” mantle is losing its shine!!

Hes gotta freshen up as avstu says,otherwise we will be in mediocre land and languishing low to mid table!!


wZaXfsX.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rufustfirefly said:

Sad times when we are relying on an Elphick recall!!

yet another atrocious CB!!

Think the “one of our own” mantle is losing its shine!!

Hes gotta freshen up as avstu says,otherwise we will be in mediocre land and languishing low to mid table!!

Bloody hell mate Elphick ain't that bad and OK we've had a few bad performances but this isn't smiths team remember that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, avstu said:

Slow and lacklustre. 

The performance wasn't good enough and it wasn't against Swansea.

My first criticism of the current management is not freshening things up. I know we are short on numbers in certain areas but we still had players who were good enough to go on the bench. 

Hogan, Davis, Bjarnason, Kodjia, Adomah and possible Raven could have all been given a start.

Two massive points dropped and we were lucky to come away with a point.

i,d take it one further Stu and say Stoke too------i cant buy the point of having 3 strikers on the bench----whats the point? Davis aint touched the ball yet---unless thats all the available players we have?---Birkir dont look fully fit --cant speak for Albert --yesterday was a good chance to gain on the top 6---but alas not to be--and as you say 2 massive points dropped,

i just hope Elmo is "rested" cos the mistakes hes making are too dam costly---would like to see Bree given a good run at R.B.--and i keep saying it BUT  we are sorely missing Jack--its odd there is no news on his absence!!


2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LukeReeves92 said:

Bloody hell mate Elphick ain't that bad and OK we've had a few bad performances but this isn't smiths team remember that. 

All I’ve heard for the last couple of years is how we’ve got the best attack,internationals all over the shop,deepest most experienced players,fortunes spent stealing other EFL teams best,come to us and they are shite!!

Expensive,poorly assembled squad!

Its frightening to see what pap SB and predecessors bought!!

 Yes agreed not DS team,but how with the most expensive team are we so f**cking poor?!!

p*ss poor!! And DS is struggling to get a tune out of em?!?! WTF!

Cos let’s face it,he is!! Tammy goes,who scores?,cos he hates Kodja! And Hogan ,hells bells!!

As for elphick! f**cking hell,probably had one good game since signing!

We all expect to be at least in the playoffs after last year and yet we are being outplayed by  bargain basement teams and scrapping draws against them and frankly for our club,that should just NOT be happening!!

It’s terrible to watch,just terrible!

  • Like 1

wZaXfsX.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rufs 

23 minutes ago, rufustfirefly said:

All I’ve heard for the last couple of years is how we’ve got the best attack,internationals all over the shop,deepest most experienced players,fortunes spent stealing other EFL teams best,come to us and they are shite!!

Expensive,poorly assembled squad!

Its frightening to see what pap SB and predecessors bought!!

 Yes agreed not DS team,but how with the most expensive team are we so f**cking poor?!!

p*ss poor!! And DS is struggling to get a tune out of em?!?! WTF!

Cos let’s face it,he is!! Tammy goes,who scores?,cos he hates Kodja! And Hogan ,hells bells!!

As for elphick! f**cking hell,probably had one good game since signing!

We all expect to be at least in the playoffs after last year and yet we are being outplayed by  bargain basement teams and scrapping draws against them and frankly for our club,that should just NOT be happening!!

It’s terrible to watch,just terrible!

got it bang on , so predictable and poor throughout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...