Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

avstu

January Transfer Talk

8 hours ago, freddy said:

Sky are saying that Bristol City and Sheffield Utd are interested in taking Scott Hogan --on loan,

Rotherham have made an offer for Davis on loan also.

I think they would rather send Hogan out if they can offload his wages. Will be interesting.

Fee reports this morning that Mears is the one signing. Amazes me how the club spoke about being prepared for the window and now we are approaching the last couple of days desperate for signings.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Davis might as well go on loan and get some experience he,s been on the bench recently but as far as im aware has not yet set foot on the pitch,but with RHM already at Cambridge surely both Hogan and Davis cant go as that would leave us short of cover for Tammy,im sure i read somewhere that a request for O,Hare on loan has been received too cant comment on Mears\Mings but dont he seem to be injured a fair bit?

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

2 hours ago, freddy said:

Davis might as well go on loan and get some experience he,s been on the bench recently but as far as im aware has not yet set foot on the pitch,but with RHM already at Cambridge surely both Hogan and Davis cant go as that would leave us short of cover for Tammy,im sure i read somewhere that a request for O,Hare on loan has been received too cant comment on Mears\Mings but dont he seem to be injured a fair bit?

Let's face it freddy it'll be 451 for the rest of the season so kodjia and Abraham should be enough so let's get Davis some game time elsewhere he is wasting away on the bench and he looked decent last year. 

If we’re lead to believe the “young player building approach “ then DS won’t be bringing in anybody over 28/30?Surely? And it would be madness to sign the same shite  as we’ve got now and we’ll start next season with the same issues!!

If he does,then he’s continuing the Bruce plan,old pointless experienced crap past it fodder!!

Players who could do a job 3/4 yrs ago,and to me that is frightening!!

I’d expect him to right off this campaign ,break in the youngsters and build for the next campaign.

We are done this season and even if we made the playoffs we will get battered!!

So chuck out the chintz and blood the babies!!!

UTV!!

wZaXfsX.jpg

I'd let Davis go to Rotherham, he might just help them take points of teams we are trying to catch.

As for Hogan going on loan to Bristol City or Sheffield United, why on earth would we potentially strengthen teams we are trying to catch ? if they want to buy him great but to loan him to them would be stupidity.

2 hours ago, dorset lion said:

I'd let Davis go to Rotherham, he might just help them take points of teams we are trying to catch.

As for Hogan going on loan to Bristol City or Sheffield United, why on earth would we potentially strengthen teams we are trying to catch ? if they want to buy him great but to loan him to them would be stupidity.

Makes sense that does. I'd be tempted to keep Hogan unless a good bid come in and give Davis the playing time elsewhere. Tammy is our main striker and when kodjia comes on its normally out wide. 

Sky report we are looking at Ben Gibson at Burnley---but Sean Dyche has said he is selling no one this month!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

57 minutes ago, LukeReeves92 said:

Chalobah from Watford has been mentioned to. 

Interesting one this. I like him a lot but why has he struggled at Watford? He was in England set up not so long ago.

Talk is that Hogan is close to joining Sheffield United on loan and Mings to Villa is very close.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

1 hour ago, avstu said:

Interesting one this. I like him a lot but why has he struggled at Watford? He was in England set up not so long ago.

Talk is that Hogan is close to joining Sheffield United on loan and Mings to Villa is very close.

A terrible injury has halted his progress stu. I hate being after these players with a history of terrible injury. As for hogan how awkward if they make a late push for promotion.