Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

avstu

January Transfer Talk

38 minutes ago, LukeReeves92 said:

Cheers Luke,

Kibano---hes the one who recently won and missed a penalty---when Mitrovic is the chosen penalty taker-Ranieri was fuming --implys a big ego------No thanks.

Ayite---is he better than Albert, or El Ghazi----who both to me woke up yesterday  maybe having wind of this---or Green?  who seems to be injury prone at B6------MAYBE,

Johanasen-------creative and a battler--i,d give him a go,

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Cahill on loan, Mings in and a young, energetic battling midfielder in. 

I'd look to flog who we can. Let's start building for the future now. Hogan, Kodja, Elmo, Richards, Jedinak, Whelan, Bunn can all go (I know a couple are out of contract in the summer) 

mzjj.jpg

1 hour ago, JustRich said:

Cahill on loan, Mings in and a young, energetic battling midfielder in. 

I'd look to flog who we can. Let's start building for the future now. Hogan, Kodja, Elmo, Richards, Jedinak, Whelan, Bunn can all go (I know a couple are out of contract in the summer) 

Cahill will want serious dough every week so I can't see it. Tbh not sure I want him although I know he'd walk into that back 4. Mings is injury prone, I've read he has been converted into a CB and Im sure I read he is a business minded lad which is his thing I respect that but I'd like someone more focused personally. Agree with the deadwood thing though mate, I'd do as much as I could In january if I was Smith. 

Three players who can't get into a team battling relegation and not one of them a defender which is what we need, seems a pointless waste of cash that will just create more deadwood. I'll be disappointed if this is true.

26 minutes ago, dorset lion said:

Three players who can't get into a team battling relegation and not one of them a defender which is what we need, seems a pointless waste of cash that will just create more deadwood. I'll be disappointed if this is true.

Aye bang on man----its that sieve of a defence that needs prority strengthening, we already have enough clowns in mdfield without bringing in 3 more and as you say they can,t get into a struggling premership side --what good will they do for us? hopefully its just media speculation-- i,d only be interested in Tom Cairney from Fulham who seems to have fallen from grace---a bit odd seeing as he was raved about last season and rated by some cockney rags as better than Jack!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

We've had a loan offer for left back Christian Fuchs turned down by Leicester which is a shame because I rate him or at least I did a season or 2 ago. Carlisle are also about to get ohare on loan which is a good thing for ohare, us and promotion chasing Carlisle. He could do with proper mens football, will toughen him up a bit. Same goes for Hepburn Murphy who's on loan at Carlisle. 

4 hours ago, freddy said:

Aye bang on man----its that sieve of a defence that needs prority strengthening, we already have enough clowns in mdfield without bringing in 3 more and as you say they can,t get into a struggling premership side --what good will they do for us? hopefully its just media speculation-- i,d only be interested in Tom Cairney from Fulham who seems to have fallen from grace---a bit odd seeing as he was raved about last season and rated by some cockney rags as better than Jack!

Hopefully just media speculation Freddy. If defenders good enough to improve us aren't available fair enough, but don't sign for the sake of it that just screws us up financially at a later date. 

I personally think its a lot of guesswork. No names are out there and a lot of it seems to be guess work.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I can't see the 3 guys from Fulham being true personally. Ones 30 and ones 28, doesn't really fall into our new remit of young hungry players...same as Fuchs.  Seems like we can't get our real target so we're just going for anyone. (ironically I think our long term left back target could be matt Targett) 

mzjj.jpg

Sky are saying that Bristol City and Sheffield Utd are interested in taking Scott Hogan --on loan,

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png