Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

avstu

January Transfer Talk

I have been saying we should have sent him back since the window opened. His wages are silly for what he has contributed. 

Good move for the club IMO.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Bolasie is no loss, was disappointed to see Ashley Cole go to Derby and we don't seem to be in for another player who you'd think we'd have a chance of getting in Cahill, like Cole he would be a huge improvement on what we have.

With the transfer window moving toward the final week I am completely underwhelmed with our activity so far, if Hause isn't good enough to walk into just about the worst defence in this league what's the point in signing him on loan ? give one of our kids a chance and if they aren't worth a punt what's the f**cking point of paying them a wage ?

Have to say im not overly impressed with our new world cup final keeper the ball finds a way of squeezing underneath his body too easily i feel a bit for Steer recalled from Charlton play 1 game then sits on the bench i only hope Green dont follow suit,and what happened to Moreraira yet another international? is he still here?

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

On 1/22/2019 at 5:36 AM, freddy said:

Have to say im not overly impressed with our new world cup final keeper the ball finds a way of squeezing underneath his body too easily i feel a bit for Steer recalled from Charlton play 1 game then sits on the bench i only hope Green dont follow suit,and what happened to Moreraira yet another international? is he still here?

Moreira is going according to reports Freddy. Can't say it's a bad decision really. Agree with the steer comment to I have quite liked the look of him when he has played and Charlton fans loved him. I just hope we buy a LB another CM in the shape of McGinn and maybe even a RB. Let's ship some of the sh*t out to, let elmo or hutton go, get some of the kids loaned out for some proper game time and get back to winning ways on Saturday. 

Aye Luke according to WM Moreira has gone back to Athletico Madrid--more of steve bruce,s  folly!

as you say get rid of more deadwood who are too old or too unfit to adapt to smithys system lets face it the club dont owe them anything! and lets get on with the rebuild it may well be too late for this season as too many points have been dropped but thinking ahead for next season.

VTID.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

25 minutes ago, freddy said:

Aye Luke according to WM Moreira has gone back to Athletico Madrid--more of steve bruce,s  folly!

as you say get rid of more deadwood who are too old or too unfit to adapt to smithys system lets face it the club dont owe them anything! and lets get on with the rebuild it may well be too late for this season as too many points have been dropped but thinking ahead for next season.

VTID.

You could be right freddy it may be to late. There's a couple of ways you could look at it though, one would be that it would only take a few wins on the bounce and we'd look in a very healthy position again. The other way, the club have been honest with us, purslow told us last month that if we don't go up this year it won't be the end of the world as its a project. A proper clean out by the sounds of it and I'm actually quite happy to hear that. Fill the squad with younger me hungry legs on half the wage some of these chancers earn. Win win. 

Interesting week now for us.

All the local journos seem to think we will have 3 new signings with one very close

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

1 hour ago, avstu said:

Interesting week now for us.

All the local journos seem to think we will have 3 new signings with one very close

All coming from Fulham and not one of them is a left back according to reports. 

6 minutes ago, LukeReeves92 said:

All coming from Fulham and not one of them is a left back according to reports. 

Fulham??????? 3 blimey a blinking job lot  they are 2nd from bottom of the premiership----who have they got that would improve us??

Sessegnon  no chance,McDonald,---certainly a scrapper,---Johanasen maybe --,Cairney certainly yes--anybody else not that i can think of,

maybe Claudio fancy,s a swop  for a few of ours----Hogan Birkir, Elmo,Whelan,Jedi,--- 

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

30 minutes ago, freddy said:

Fulham??????? 3 blimey a blinking job lot  they are 2nd from bottom of the premiership----who have they got that would improve us??

Sessegnon  no chance,McDonald,---certainly a scrapper,---Johanasen maybe --,Cairney certainly yes--anybody else not that i can think of,

maybe Claudio fancy,s a swop  for a few of ours----Hogan Birkir, Elmo,Whelan,Jedi,--- 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-keen-seal-transfer-15739466