Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

avstu

January Transfer Talk

6 hours ago, JustRich said:

I can see us going for Rico Henry for left back.  There's a lot of talk about it at the min and although it could be a lazy link I hope it's true. 

Cahill I'd have back in a heartbeat

The silly part of me don't want Henry because he is a bluenose and has been injury prone in his career. I do think the Cahill link has legs as well with Terry being here and the fact we helped in building his career to level it is. 

43 minutes ago, LukeReeves92 said:

The silly part of me don't want Henry because he is a bluenose and has been injury prone in his career. I do think the Cahill link has legs as well with Terry being here and the fact we helped in building his career to level it is. 

I think in terms of who is available and realistic he's probably the best choice really. Although Cole could probably still do a job in this league

Ivory-Coasts-midfielder-Cheick-Doukoure.

DOUKOURE TO CHEICK IN TO VILLA

Dean Smith is closing in on the signing of Levante midfielder Cheick Doukoure.

Aston Villa’s boss is fighting off the attention of Rayo Vallecano to land the 26-year-old on a loan deal until the end of the season.

The Ivory Coast international is well-known to the club’s new sporting director Jesus Garcia Pitarch who has strong links in the region.

The player is out-of-favour at the Valencia club and will be allowed to leave.

Source: Link

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Tammy needs to stay at the Villa to help his development, I cant see him getting and holding down a regular starting position in the PL. He misses too many chances, chances that can be few and far between in the PL, just needs to develop a bit of composure in front of goal which will come with game time.

According to Sky Sports News he's in advanced talks with Wolves. Time for Scott Hogan to reproduce the form he showed under Dean Smith at Brentford.

Abraham has been brilliant for us, but he’s a loan player. Part of me would much prefer us to get the best out of Hogan and Davis. Let Tammy go and sit on the bench at Wolves and we can build for a proper promotion push next season. 

Evening Standard reporting that Abraham would be ineligible to play for another club, having already featured for Villa and Chelsea U23s. 

36 minutes ago, Andy said:

Evening Standard reporting that Abraham would be ineligible to play for another club, having already featured for Villa and Chelsea U23s. 

Does the Charity shield count though?

Mellberg_Signature.png