Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

avstu

January Transfer Talk

Aston Villa is delighted to announce the signing of Frederic Guilbert from Caen for an undisclosed fee.

The defender will return to the Ligue 1 side on loan for the remainder of the 2018/19 season.

A graduate of the youth academy at Caen, 24-year-old Guilbert has also plied his trade with AS Cherbourg and Bordeaux before returning to Normandy.

He has also been capped internationally by France at U21 level.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

31/01/2019 : 'TransferMarkt' has Frederic Guilbert as a Right-back. He is 24 yo and has also played at Centre-back.

Edited by Larry-AV
Typo.

AVFC RFC SAFC

31/01/2019 : We have signed midfielder Tom Carroll from Swansea, loan deal to the end of the Season with an option to buy.

AVFC RFC SAFC

Nice to see we’ve been busy behind the scenes and DS has plugged all the holes he needed to!!!

WTF?!?!?

Probably no one available??

We got Mongs though!!! As good as signing Samba ffs!!!

Well that’s 1 window done ! Roll on summer!!

Still be 4-1-4-f**cking 1!!

wZaXfsX.jpg

We're never happy, moan about paying over the odds for championship players, then moan when we sign "nobodies" for peanuts. FFS stop your whining and get behind the team, VP will never be a fortress again until we get rid of the wankers that turn up and moan like old fkin women!!!!! 

34 minutes ago, lifelongvilla said:

We're never happy, moan about paying over the odds for championship players, then moan when we sign "nobodies" for peanuts. FFS stop your whining and get behind the team, VP will never be a fortress again until we get rid of the wankers that turn up and moan like old fkin women!!!!! 

I think most are just a bit peeved that the left back gap wasn't filled mate, despite being told repeatedly that it's an area we need to strengthen. 

Unless that donkey Hause is going to play there? Potentially. 

Either way we can kiss goodbye to the play offs and try again next year I guess. 

mzjj.jpg

Tom Carroll eh-----finally arrives at B6, Timbo wanted him but the board would,nt sanction a bid, its ironic if he had come way back then who knows things might have worked out so so differently,!

this window says to me  forget this season with so many youngsters being loaned out or gone for good a new right back loaned straight back to his parent club--3 players being assessed on an option to buy basis--shame we didnt do that with Snoddy,no deadwood or wasters cleared out--maybe a new  "bomb squad" ala Coco will  be formed? this is clearly a message that we are considering a gelling together for this season with a view to mount a serious assault next season --with probably no Tammy and serious questions to be asked about Jack and McGinn??

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

9 hours ago, JustRich said:

I think most are just a bit peeved that the left back gap wasn't filled mate, despite being told repeatedly that it's an area we need to strengthen. 

Unless that donkey Hause is going to play there? Potentially. 

Either way we can kiss goodbye to the play offs and try again next year I guess. 

10 hours ago, rufustfirefly said:

Nice to see we’ve been busy behind the scenes and DS has plugged all the holes he needed to!!!

WTF?!?!?

f**cking hell lads. I understand the LB thing, i think anybody with even half a football brain knows we needed a LB. We don't know if Hause will be a donkey as he hasn't had a chance yet and Rufustfirefly i swear your a bluenose taking the p*ss. I respect we all have an opinion and as fans we should get to moan we pay our money following the club but you don't have anything good to say mate. For to long now villa have been that club that old premier league players see as a last payout. Smith and the club have said its a rebuild and they want younger players. That can only be a good thing and I've said it before and ill say it again, a large portion of villa fans are poisonous and fickle. I've worked all around the country and when you have fans from other cities noticing this its embarrassing. The last few years the club have been run into the ground by not just players and managers but the owners to. We nearly went down sh*t street in the summer with Xia. Nobody is to big to get relegated like we did and any club can fall. We are where we are right now and if we all got behind the team a bit more you never know. I don't mean any offence by any of this either but i'm sure we can all agree that VP right now is a library and toxic one of that, some of the sh*t i hear fans say are mad. Just let Smith rebuild and hopefully it pays off lads.   

• Upvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:09 AM, rufustfirefly said:

WTF?!?!?

The probably no one available comment seems to be questioning my comment on the previous page of "you can't sign what isn't available"...… whether you are or not I don't mind its the whole point of a forum.

We all know we need to strengthen at CB and LB ( Smith included ) but I would be interested to know who you think we could have signed ?