Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

avstu

January Transfer Talk

i,m a bit wary of players after they have suffered bad injury,s----are they ever the same player again?eg  Jordan Amavi   

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Not filled with much confidence in somebody like Mings given his injury history, Hause already looks like a bit of a disaster signing. 

It was always going to be hard to sign the right players in January and it seems we've struggled. I just hope we don't panic buy.

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

Something has got to happen today surely. I feel like a brat at Christmas that hasn't had enough presents. 

28 minutes ago, LukeReeves92 said:

Something has got to happen today surely. I feel like a brat at Christmas that hasn't had enough presents. 

Ha ha we still got till 11 pm thursday night-a lot could happen (and could not) between now & then.

there are so many rumours flying around if they come true we will have 3 quarters of a new side playing at Reading.

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Villa's YouTube account posted "new signing interview (s) coming soon..."

So there is definitely movement 

mzjj.jpg

What's the point in having under 23's if they are so poor we wont play them, I'm getting a bit sick of loaning other clubs kids and walking wounded.

Hayden will happen in my opinion.

I work with a Newcastle fan who said Hayden has family issues and has wanted to move back down South for about 12 months now but Benitez wouldn't allow him to leave until he was allowed to sign a replacement. Newcastle finally seems to be busy so it looks like it could be a deal that suits all.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

1 hour ago, avstu said:

I work with a Newcastle fan who said Hayden has family issues and has wanted to move back down South for about 12 months now but Benitez wouldn't allow him to leave until he was allowed to sign a replacement. Newcastle finally seems to be busy so it looks like it could be a deal that suits all.

I know we don't know what happens behind the scenes and i am sure that the transfer market for any club/manager is more difficult than what we probably think it is but I've got to admit i'm quite disappointed that we haven't done more business before deadline day. If we had them in yesterday or even today they would probably make the match day squad against reading but now it will be the same leaky team. 

Either way, i look forward to seeing what happens over the next 20 odd hours. UTV

5 hours ago, avstu said:

I hope not, the last thing we need is a young lad with issues, do we really want him commuting 6 hours up and down the A14 every day?? 

Hayden played very well by all accounts against City. I know family issues have been mentioned but you'd have to wonder why on earth he'd drop down to us mucking it out in this cesspit of a league. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."