Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

avstu

January Transfer Talk

January Transfer Talk

Please use this thread to post rumours and transfer talk.

Please ensure you state the source. Once a link has been made official, please make a new thread.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Aston Villa turn attention to defensive reinforcements after Lovre Kalinic swoop

Dean Smith will turn his attention toward strengthening Villa’s defence after completing a move for goalkeeper Lovre Kalinic.

The Croatia international goalkeeper has been in Birmingham since Wednesday to discuss the switch from Belgian club Gent and his signing could be formally announced on Friday, though he will not be eligible to play until the New Year.

Adding a centre-back and left-back is the next task on Smith’s agenda as he looks to improve a backline which is short on numbers and among the most porous in the Championship.

The arrival of the imposing Kalinic should go some way to helping. A long-time club target, the 28-year-old had first agreed to join Villa in January 2016 but was denied a work permit.

Source: Link

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Mellberg_Signature.png

Kalinic is quality, unless I'm thinking of someone else? 

Can see us signing Rico Henry and maybe Sawyers as well. What a window that'd be! 

Our defence will be so much better with a solid keeper behind them. 

mzjj.jpg

an "imposing" keeper is sure needed----1 down at least 2 to go----

nice one Deano----

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

After yesterdays give away and Axel,s injury i would be looking for a whole new back four.

Hopefully if Bruce takes over at Wednesday he will come a calling for some of his journeymen maybe exchange Elmo for wee Barry?

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

I think talk of a whole new back four is a bit rash. Chester and Tuanzebe have become a good partnership, and when Hutton is at right back he is usually fine. We just need another centre half and another left back. Would love to see Gary Cahill and Ashley Cole.

5 hours ago, ShaunGeraghty said:

I think talk of a whole new back four is a bit rash. Chester and Tuanzebe have become a good partnership, and when Hutton is at right back he is usually fine. We just need another centre half and another left back. Would love to see Gary Cahill and Ashley Cole.

I can see us going for Rico Henry for left back.  There's a lot of talk about it at the min and although it could be a lazy link I hope it's true. 

Cahill I'd have back in a heartbeat

• Like 1

mzjj.jpg