Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Aston Villa 2-3 Leeds United

Aston Villa v Leeds United

Pre/post-match discussion, live chat and the verdict.

Kodjia earns Villa a point against Stoke

2018-19 EFL Championship. Matchday 23.

Sunday 23rd December 2018

Villa Park

13.30 (GMT) Kick off

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

With the last 6-8games we've had, plus this one, I think most would've taken our points haul to be honest. However with the top few starting to pull clear this game is a must win imo.  I personally think we need to get up with the parachute payments running out, and I don't want to be sat in the lottery of the play offs again

Leeds have loads of injuries for this one, they scraped a win against Bolton and they will be feeling the pressure more than us. According to the mail birkir and lansbury are back for this I'd start either of them over whelan, not that I dislike whelan I just feel they offer more especially birkir. I'd also be tempted to start kodjia but who I'd drop is a hard decision but that's a good thing. 2-1 to the villa boys. UTV

1 hour ago, JustRich said:

Any news on Jack BTW ? Seriously missed him v Stoke

Not sure how true it is but I've heard he isn't. Dan Bardell, the lad who works for the villa view said he could be out for the foreseeable but who knows. We really do miss him though.

I'd like to see Bjarnason come in for Whelan too. Much more mobile and offers a goal threat. He was looking good before his injury. His passing is more incisive than Whelan's too. There were times against Stoke when Whelan looked like he really didn't know what to do with the ball, even when he had time to think about it. 

EFL1 (Championship), Sunday 23/12/2018 : Aston Villa v Leeds United, KO 13:30 hours, SKY.

18/12/2018 : As Forest drew 0-0 with Derby yesterday AVFC remain just 3 points off the play-off places.

Aston Villa's current 10 matches, AVFC are 8th in the Table.
Showing our opponents' League positions and results from the first 6 games.

Nov    10    SAT    A    17    Derby County  W 3-0
Nov    25    SUN    H    18    Birmingham    W 4-2
Nov    28    Wed    H    19    Nottm Forest  D 5-5
DEC    01    SAT    A    20    Middlesbro    W 3-0
Dec    07    Fri    A    21    W B Albion    D 2-2
Dec    15    SAT    H    22    Stoke City    D 2-2
Dec    23    SUN    H    23    Leeds Utd     1st
Dec    26    Wed    A    24    Swansea       9th
Dec    29    SAT    A    25    Preston N E   15th
JAN    01    Tue    H    26    Q P Rangers   13th

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today : Aston Villa 3-2 Leeds United

Whelan can do a job BUT  suitable replacement for Jack he aint!i noticed he took corners and free kicks last saturday all to no avail.

Have to say we just dont look the same with no  Jack makes me wonder where we would be if that move to spurs had gone through?the sooner the lad returns the better-to me the only similar replacement is O,Hare or Birkir.

This will be a tough one and we need to now turn the draws into wins more so at home.

VTID