Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Aston Villa 2-2 Stoke City

Aston Villa v Stoke City

Pre/post-match discussion, live chat and the verdict.

El Ghazi impressed against WBA

2018-19 EFL Championship. Matchday 22.

Saturday 15th December 2018

Villa Park

15.00 (GMT) Kick off

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Excited for this one as I'm taking my 7 year old for her first ever game! 25 years after I went to mine. She's not that into football but I'm hoping this will have her hooked, the father in law is a Stoke fan so she's happy at the prospect of rubbing it in his face haha

On 12/9/2018 at 7:17 PM, JustRich said:

Excited for this one as I'm taking my 7 year old for her first ever game! 25 years after I went to mine. She's not that into football but I'm hoping this will have her hooked, the father in law is a Stoke fan so she's happy at the prospect of rubbing it in his face haha

Good place at the moment Villa Park is. I haven't heard any internal arguments. The natives seem happy.

Needs to follow up with a win.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

12 hours ago, avstu said:

Good place at the moment Villa Park is. I haven't heard any internal arguments. The natives seem happy.

Yeah it's weird not hearing any moaning for once 😂 

Would love for a big win, think it'll be close and it depends if Tammy brings his A game!

10 hours ago, JustRich said:

Yeah it's weird not hearing any moaning for once 😂 

Would love for a big win, think it'll be close and it depends if Tammy brings his A game!

Very hit and miss isnt he. I said before Nottingham Forest that he needed 4 shots before he scored and then he scores 4 in 6 i think it was haha.

Stoke will no doubt come for a draw so an early goal could prove to be important.

Mellberg_Signature.png

Stoke will definitely spend most of the game defending, hopefully Tammy, Bolasie and Anwar will open them up. I'd love Nyland to get a clean sheet to, I still believe we have a gooden there. UTV

21 hours ago, LukeReeves92 said:

Stoke will definitely spend most of the game defending, hopefully Tammy, Bolasie and Anwar will open them up. I'd love Nyland to get a clean sheet to, I still believe we have a gooden there. UTV

Reckon Smith will stick with him?

Mellberg_Signature.png

EFL1 (Championship), Saturday 15/12/2018 : Aston Villa v Stoke City, KO 15:00 hours.

12/12/2018 : Going for my 'default' prediction on this one ... which means it will probably be 5-3 or something !

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today : Aston Villa 2-1 Stoke City

Aston Villa's current 10 matches, AVFC are 8th in the Table.
Showing our opponents' League positions and results from the first 5 games.

Nov    10    SAT    A    17    Derby County  W 3-0
Nov    25    SUN    H    18    Birmingham    W 4-2
Nov    28    Wed    H    19    Nottm Forest  D 5-5
DEC    01    SAT    A    20    Middlesbro    W 3-0
Dec    07    Fri    A    21    W B Albion    D 2-2
Dec    15    SAT    H    22    Stoke City    10th
Dec    23    SUN    H    23    Leeds Utd     2nd
Dec    26    Wed    A    24    Swansea       12th
Dec    29    SAT    A    25    Preston N E   15th
JAN    01    Tue    H    26    Q P Rangers   14th

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:12 PM, avstu said:

I think so Stu. He seems like the kind of guy to keep the faith with people and offer them all the support they need. Either way though its a massive season for us so is it worth the gamble especially when it looks like Heaton is available who is definitely a very sturdy goalie.

We need a long winning streak to close that gap on the top 2 and it needs to start today, we can't let that gap get any bigger, which despite some great performances it has over the past 6 games.