Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  

Have a good and safe night all who are going---

Come On You Lions---

WBA 1     Aston Villa 3

VTID---------------

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

EFL1 (Championship), Friday 07/12/2018 : West Bromwich Albion 2-2 Aston Villa

A jammy start and a jammy end tonight. El Ghazi opened for us via an Albion player and in the 2nd half scored a cracker to match Albion's first equaliser. Albion got their 2nd equaliser via a prostrate handball in stoppage time. Bring on VAR !!!

Attendance : 26,513 (SSN)

08/12/2018 : After this result AVFC's total Form Points fell from 71 to 70 ... that is, points after 46 games.
The maximum available is now 107 points, with 75 points left to play for.
AVFC stay above par and are 8th in the table, with 32 points and GD at +9 from 21 games.

The Dummies could have overtaken us after we were robbed of the win yesterday, but they lost 0-1 at home to Bristol City today and stay 9th.

Edited by Larry-AV
Update.

AVFC RFC SAFC

If that was at Villa Park then the lino would not have allowed the handball goal. Fact. He's looking straight at it

mzjj.jpg

feels like we lost that one!   linesman level with play "misses"  a f*****g blatant handball!!  comes off whispering to the ref with hand over his mouth????  Rodrigues  didnt actually jump up celebrating----and admits it was in off his arm!!!!!

great strike by El Ghazi-----Tammy left his scoring boots at stamford bridge today----3/4 missed chances,

El Ghazi   looking good

bad luck you Villa Boyz---inept officials cost us 2 deserved points!!!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Ignorant American here.....Blows my mind in 2018...nearly 2019 that goal review for validation hasn't been implemented. Have the 4th official see replay of every goal and validate it. Not hard and won't slow the game down. 

Sucks we got robbed though...we played well and deserved the three points. 

A bit sickening to lose 2 points in injury time again and the manner of the goal didn't help but it was a fairly even game so I find it a bit easier to take.

If you'd told me Derby, 'Boro and Albion away would see us get 7 points I'd have been extremely happy.

There are 7 teams above us, under Smith we have played 4 of them away, 1 at home and a local derby in his opening 9 games and still moved up the table, the fixture list is a lot kinder now for some time, a lengthy winning streak is required and doable.

UTV

A lot has been made by the handball with some saying it cost us two points.

I disagree. I felt the game should have been put to bed long before then.

I also felt it was Smith's first mistake when I bought on Kodjia as they moved Phillips to right back. 

You are leaving one of the most threatening wingers open to attack us as Kodjia did when he crossed the ball for the goal.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

8 hours ago, avstu said:

A lot has been made by the handball with some saying it cost us two points.

I disagree. I felt the game should have been put to bed long before then.

I also felt it was Smith's first mistake when I bought on Kodjia as they moved Phillips to right back. 

You are leaving one of the most threatening wingers open to attack us as Kodjia did when he crossed the ball for the goal.

I agree Stu  , handball or not our keeper should of come off his line and got to the ball first. Never mind only a few more weeks and we'll have Tom Heaton. 

Yes Tammy should of done better with his good chances to score. 

Yes Kodja came on,  never done a lot and   never tracked back.

But that's they way it goes as Dorset said  , can't complain,, 7 out of 9 in 3 tough away fixtures 

fliegetn0.gif