Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

WBA v Aston Villa

WBA v Aston Villa

Pre/post-match discussion, live chat and the verdict.

Players celebrate Chesters goal against Middlesbrough

2018-19 EFL Championship. Matchday 21.

Friday 7th December 2018

The Hawthorns

20.00 (GMT) Kick off

The hardest game of the season so far I think this one is. I'd be happy with a draw but now we all know if we play to our strength we can batter teams. I would love another clean sheet but baggies are decent. 2-2 for me in Deano we trust. UTV

2 hours ago, LukeReeves92 said:

The hardest game of the season so far I think this one is. I'd be happy with a draw but now we all know if we play to our strength we can batter teams. I would love another clean sheet but baggies are decent. 2-2 for me in Deano we trust. UTV

I have been taking each game as it comes and I can't help but be sceptical. I didn't think we would get anything at Boro but I was proven wrong. The win over Boro was a statement. This would be something else.

Going to this , can't wait , 2 good attacking sides with players that can finish , it has the potential to be another 5-5

6 games in December and due to league position and the fact it was away you could argue 'Boro was the hardest of them.

I've given up predicting, we can't win them all but I now expect us to win in every game. 

UTV

4 hours ago, dorset lion said:

6 games in December and due to league position and the fact it was away you could argue 'Boro was the hardest of them.

I've given up predicting, we can't win them all but I now expect us to win in every game. 

UTV

Spot on with this. We have to lose sooner or later.

19 hours ago, Patrick said:

Going to this , can't wait , 2 good attacking sides with players that can finish , it has the potential to be another 5-5

I have to work Saturday which has screwed me over. I need to go home after and not back into Brum 

EFL1 (Championship), Friday 07/12/2018 : West Bromwich Albion v Aston Villa, KO 20:00 hours.

03/12/2018 : Aston Villa's current 10 matches, AVFC are 8th in the Table.
Showing our opponents' League positions and results from the first 4 games.

Nov    10    SAT    A    17    Derby County  W 3-0
Nov    25    SUN    H    18    Birmingham    W 4-2
Nov    28    Wed    H    19    Nottm Forest  D 5-5
DEC    01    SAT    A    20    Middlesbro    W 3-0
Dec    07    Fri    A    21    W B Albion    3rd
Dec    15    SAT    H    22    Stoke City    12th
Dec    23    SUN    H    23    Leeds Utd     2nd
Dec    26    Wed    A    24    Swansea       13th
Dec    29    SAT    A    25    Preston N E   18th
JAN    01    Tue    H    26    Q P Rangers   11th

These games have to be viewed as the recovery period, where we make up for the stagnation under SB and return to the top echelons of the table. After that the task is to take this division by storm and get out of it - upwards !

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today : West Bromwich Albion 1-3 Aston Villa

The baggies are average defensively. They missed chance after chance yesterday against Brentford and there was even some boos after the game from the fans so this is the best chance we have of doing them. 

7 hours ago, LukeReeves92 said:

The baggies are average defensively. They missed chance after chance yesterday against Brentford and there was even some boos after the game from the fans so this is the best chance we have of doing them. 

They seem to blow very hot or cold dont they

Going to be a really tough game. Even with our form I can see a draw as a maximum we'll come away with and in the grand scheme of things I think that'd be decent away from home. 

Last time I went to the hawthorns I sat in the home end with my baggies supporting mate with my Villa shirt on. We won 2-1 Gabby and Carew scored. Would definitely take the same result!