Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
CornyAVFC

Boro + Swansea away

Swansea tickets aren’t for sale yet 🤔 the boro tickets can be returned to the club no problem and then others could potentially buy them and build their away booking history for future games, you get your money back and they get an enhanced booking history, everyone’s a winner. I’ve seen boro tickets going for under face value on Facebook, such is the desperation to sell.

Swansea tickets went on sale yesterday, I always sell my tickets so won t be desperate to sell. I take it you will no longer be asking me for tickets, you seem a wee bit annoyed, even though I've sorted you a few times!

Well first of all my bad, usually (As per EFL rules) tickets are received by the club 4 weeks before and sold 3 before so this one has happened early, no announcement from the club though on the Twitter support page. For me that makes it worse, the tickets have been bought yesterday with no intention of going the match which in turn means 2 less people have a chance of getting a ticket and building heir own booking history.

Back in 2016 the day before forest away I noticed you posted a spare ticket, yes I had it but after going to central Nottingham as you said I was then sent to Notts County to collect it from someone else there, can’t remember his name but it was him that sorted me out. The game last month away to Millwall, yes I had a ticket off you as I wasn’t aware they went on sale while I was on holiday so I missed out, turns out I could’ve got one as the club put some extra on sale. But that was also a nightmare as you claimed not to have received my messages and didn’t message me to tell me you received my money, got the ticket eventually so fair enough but could’ve been easier. You’ve only ‘sorted me out’ twice.

After seeing West Brom. sell out and then all the boro tickets for sale in the past week yes I am annoyed as it’s clear these tickets aren’t ‘spare’ at all, they’re just being bought to get the 6th or 3rd (In the case of West Brom) ticket on the booking history. Funnily enough there’s been no ‘spare’ West Brom. tickets for sale though. This needs to be brought up in a future FCG or maybe I’ll bring it up with the club myself as it’s starting to take the p*ss.

Ps. I’ll be at West Brom. anyway.

had plenty of spare wba myself and sorted a few posters out on here for it. I certainly didn't see a shortage of spares. as far as I'm concerned, people who put their money where they're mouth is and commit to the away scheme can do what they like with their tickets. Any I know like to offer their tickets to friends/ posters first before sending them back if needed. Still plenty of Boro tickets etc available so fans aren't being denied tickets if they really want them. I see no reason why fans who go to the majority of matches can t have first pop at them before fans who only want to go 3 games get a chance.

You really don’t see the problem do you? By having the spare WBA tickets you denying others the opportunity to buy them in the first place and enhancing their booking history. Therefore you’re not buying to attend, you’re buying to sell. In a way you’re right, you’ve bought it and can do what you like with it but surely the point of buying a ticket is to go the match? And if you’re not doing that I’m not sure why you’re doing it other than to enhance your own booking history for the big games.

its absolutely right those who *go* get first pop but that’s clearly not what’s going on. There are fans who may only *want* to go to 3 away games but then there are those who can *only* go to 3 games for various reasons, don’t turn it into ‘I’m a bigger fan than you’ thing as everyone’s Villa but not everyone can go all the time for various reasons.

no, you don't understand. I'm not buying tickets, I go to every game. the tickets are tickets from our group of friends who are in the away scheme, the ones I sell are from guys who can t make that game for one reason are another, just like you can t make every game. It's not the same guys missing the same games. And nobody is turning it in to a bigger fan thing. I'm lucky enough to be able to go to games every week, some people cant and I understand that. Here's an idea, why don't the fans who have little history , buy tickets for games with big allocations, therefore making them have a bigger history for future games. The system that Villa use this season , I don't agree with. I prefer the previous system where you could only send back 3 in total for the season.

Again, the fans might not be able to afford to buy them at the time of sale, might not be able to attend for one reason or another etc. I’m sure the fans are well aware the more they buy (Or should I say *attend*), the more chance they have of getting tickets for future games. Buying tickets and then potentially not being able to sell them is an expensive risk and also prevents someone else legitimately buying them to actually go to the match.

I’ve noticed you’ve advertised tickets on here for pretty much every away game but not for Albion, say what you like but that tells me the tickets are being bought purely for the purpose of getting tickets for such games. I dare say come March there won’t be a post here for Blues away as the ‘spares’ will be going to people who probably don’t deserve to have them.

If you don’t want these Swansea and boro tickets just return them to the club so, as you say, people can have a bigger history for future games when they buy them.