Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Aston Villa 5-5 Nottm Forest

Aston Villa v Nottm Forest

Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest

Pre/post-match discussion, live chat and the verdict.

Goal celebration against Blues

2018-19 EFL Championship. Matchday 19.

Wednesday 28th November 2018

Villa Park

19.45 (GMT) Kick off

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

EFL1 (Championship), Wednesday 28/11/2018 : Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest, KO 19:45 hours.

26/11/2018 : This match is well timed, with AVFC 8th on 27 points and Forest 7th on 30 points. A win by 2 goals will see us take 7th place from Forest.

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today : Aston Villa 3-1 Nottingham Forest

AVFC RFC SAFC

In the past, these are the games we usually lose. A Decent run followed by a hard thought big win and then we usually don't turn up.

I feel this is a bigger test than any of the three previous games for Smith.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Next 6 games are tough. I'd be happy with 3 wins and a couple draws to be honest, that'd be a good return against the likes of forest, Leeds, boro, baggies and Stoke. 

Worried that this will be like when we beat wolves 4-1 last year after beating Cardiff. Then went on a bad streak. Our defence looks shaky and we're going to be playing some of the leagues top scorers. Fingers crossed we can just keep our form up

mzjj.jpg

its a tough run now until Jan 1st ---one that could impact greatly on where we will finish----but Dean Smith is worlds apart from Brucey,in his approach tactics and ability to change things when it aint working-

---it was noticeable on Sunday that he stayed on the pitch until every Villa player was off it giving them all a hug----i reckon the feel good factor is back ---the players the manager his back up team --did you catch J.T.s celebration? and the fans--

6 games 18 points would,nt it be nice to pick up 14/15,,

its probably silly to say this --yes the defence looks shaky at times,but with our fire power i get the feeling if we concede 3  we have the ability to score 4

VTID--------------------

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

have to watch Joe Lolly  --a Villa fan!! and Lewis Grabban on his return to Villa Park----shackle them and the 3 points should be ours!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

2 hours ago, JustRich said:

Next 6 games are tough. I'd be happy with 3 wins and a couple draws to be honest, that'd be a good return against the likes of forest, Leeds, boro, baggies and Stoke. 

Worried that this will be like when we beat wolves 4-1 last year after beating Cardiff. Then went on a bad streak. Our defence looks shaky and we're going to be playing some of the leagues top scorers. Fingers crossed we can just keep our form up

Exactly my thoughts. We need to take one game at a time at the minute and see how it goes.

If we could somehow pick up six points from the next two - we are well back in the hunt for promotion.

2 hours ago, freddy said:

its a tough run now until Jan 1st ---one that could impact greatly on where we will finish----but Dean Smith is worlds apart from Brucey,in his approach tactics and ability to change things when it aint working-

---it was noticeable on Sunday that he stayed on the pitch until every Villa player was off it giving them all a hug----i reckon the feel good factor is back ---the players the manager his back up team --did you catch J.T.s celebration? and the fans--

6 games 18 points would,nt it be nice to pick up 14/15,,

its probably silly to say this --yes the defence looks shaky at times,but with our fire power i get the feeling if we concede 3  we have the ability to score 4

VTID--------------------

The players all seem good spirited at the moment. Bruce used to make a big deal about the fact that our players couldn't play 2-3 games in a week. Its such a big test for Smith now and to see if it is our players or how the manager trained them.

Mellberg_Signature.png

27/11/2018 : Aston Villa's current 10 matches, AVFC are 8th in the Table.
Showing our opponents' League positions and results from the first 2 games.

Nov    10    SAT    A    17    Derby County  W 3-0
Nov    25    SUN    H    18    Birmingham    W 4-2
Nov    28    Wed    H    19    Nottm Forest  7th
DEC    01    SAT    A    20    Middlesbro    2nd
Dec    07    Fri    A    21    W B Albion    4th
Dec    15    SAT    H    22    Stoke City    13th
Dec    23    SUN    H    23    Leeds Utd     3rd
Dec    26    Wed    A    24    Swansea       10th
Dec    29    SAT    A    25    Preston N E   16th
JAN    01    Tue    H    26    Q P Rangers   9th

Edited by Larry-AV
Formatting.

AVFC RFC SAFC

7 hours ago, avstu said:

Exactly my thoughts. We need to take one game at a time at the minute and see how it goes.

If we could somehow pick up six points from the next two - we are well back in the hunt for promotion.

The players all seem good spirited at the moment. Bruce used to make a big deal about the fact that our players couldn't play 2-3 games in a week. Its such a big test for Smith now and to see if it is our players or how the manager trained them.

Yes the 3 tough games this week will sure be a litmus paper for the players---  i know where my dosh would go in a dabble between--Bruce,s fitness programme or players lack of fitness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png