FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Adomah wants new deal

Adomah wants new deal

Aston Villa winger Albert Adomah faces an uncertain future at the club. The 30-year-old is in the final year of his contract with the Midlands outfit and was strongly linked with an exit in the summer. Middlesbrough were close to signing him but the move collapsed. (h/t Birmingham Mail)

With the January transfer window fast approaching, Boro were set to rekindle their interest in the Villa forward, along with Championship rivals Leeds United. (h/t Bristol live)

However, Adomah’s agent, Anthony Finnigan, has quashed any rumours of an exit and has instead claimed that his client wants to stay at Villa and is keen on securing a new contract with the club. (h/t Sport Witness)

“I realise the speculation that comes during this [January] transfer window, but my aim is to discuss with the current manager at the right time about extending his contract and remain at the club,”

Do you think we should give Adomah a new deal?

Or is it a case of seeing what league we are in?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I'd wait, we can certainly do better, he slows the game a lot and his crossing is absolutely diabolical. 

I think fans get overly enamoured with certain players that score a few goals when we have a sh*t side when they're the best of a bad bunch (Benteke, Kodja, Adomah etc) 

mzjj.jpg

have been a bit disappointed with him this season has he netted ? i cant recall--- and as Rich says his crossing is woeful----but the lad does track back,--i, am tending to think we are better with him more than without----but as a squad member one for the 18 on a matchday,

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

• 5 weeks later...

Does anybody know how much he's on?  Smith really seemed to be getting the best out of him in recent weeks until his injury. Seems like a good character to have in the dressing room, must be great for morale, he's hilarious. Fits into Smith's brand of football cos he works tirelessly up and down that flank. Our other wingers may have a bit more ability but do not work as hard getting back. At times Bolasie and El Ghazi leave our full backs badly exposed. I'd probably give him a new 2 year deal. 

10 minutes ago, ShaunGeraghty said:

Does anybody know how much he's on?  Smith really seemed to be getting the best out of him in recent weeks until his injury. Seems like a good character to have in the dressing room, must be great for morale, he's hilarious. Fits into Smith's brand of football cos he works tirelessly up and down that flank. Our other wingers may have a bit more ability but do not work as hard getting back. At times Bolasie and El Ghazi leave our full backs badly exposed. I'd probably give him a new 2 year deal. 

Not sure how reliable this is: https://sillyseason.com/salary/aston-villa-players-salaries-99599/

Says hes on 25k there.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

11 minutes ago, ShaunGeraghty said:

Nearly 100k a week going to Micah Richards and Ross McCormack, how depressing is that!? 

Horrible. Richards is out of contract in the summer. Not sure how long McCormack has left though

Mellberg_Signature.png

On 12/17/2018 at 8:26 PM, avstu said:

Horrible. Richards is out of contract in the summer. Not sure how long McCormack has left though

Still a year or two I think. He got a 4 year deal when he signed, I'm sure

mzjj.jpg

I'd do something similar with Adomah as we did with Hutts.

See how he performs in the next six months, if we does well, reward him with a deal.

The only thing for me with Adomah is consistency, although he can be great on his day, finding pockets and an eye for the goal... he can drift out of a game. Maybe now we have Smith at the helm, will would be playing more to his strengths. Time will tell.

He's a likable character and hopefully he ups his game to secure a deal.

21 hours ago, tanserman said:

I'd do something similar with Adomah as we did with Hutts.

See how he performs in the next six months, if we does well, reward him with a deal.

The only thing for me with Adomah is consistency, although he can be great on his day, finding pockets and an eye for the goal... he can drift out of a game. Maybe now we have Smith at the helm, will would be playing more to his strengths. Time will tell.

He's a likable character and hopefully he ups his game to secure a deal.

I think your last sentence says everything. He is a likeable character and someone who could be priceless in the dressing room. 

Mellberg_Signature.png