Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Derby 0-3 Aston Villa

Derby v Aston Villa

Derby County v Aston Villa

Pre/post-match discussion, live chat and the verdict.

Goal celebration against Bolton

2018-19 EFL Championship. Matchday 17.

Saturday 10th November 2018

Villa Park

15.00 (GMT) Kick off

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I would be chuffed to bits even with a point out of this one. Derby are on fire and look dangerous. They were shaky at the back yesterday according to one of my bluenosed mates who was there. Let's hope our forwards turn up, I'd be tempted to play hogan instead of kodjia personally as I think he will be doing his very best to show Smith what he is capable of although kodjia looked good at times Friday I think he was to wasteful. My head says 2-1 my heart says 1-1 and I'm already looking forward to it which is still refreshing under Smith. UTV. 

Getting the train at ten on Saturday for this , only takes half an hour , I plan to drink in the town well away from the Villa rabble in packed designated pubs. This will be a good pointer /test to see if we really have improved under Dean Smith or do we have to wait until January when he can make some changes to the playing staff.   I am hoping Bolasie can start this  and play the whole game ready for the Blues . Hope jack doesn't get booked , if he does he will miss the Blues match . My main worry for this match is the weak links in our team ,that is  the 2 full backs and the keeper , not much smith can do about them until he can replace them , unfortunately  i fear Derby may take full advantage of that.

fliegetn0.gif

i see this as being a big big test-----a pity Jack is 1 yellow from a ban----particularily as he seems to be finding his form again---he was a pleasure to watch friday scoring 1 and creating 1

we are looking different under Deano----long may it continue---

and now have a tough set of games until January---be telling to see where we are lying after them,

Be strong Be loyal Be-------------VILLA-------------

Come On You Lions--

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

This is a make or breaks month for me. This month will determine if we will be 'there or thereabouts'.

Derby are good but can be got at.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

A tough game but with over a third of the season gone this high flying Derby team are a mere 7 points ahead of us.

The league this season is wide open and we are capable of beating anyone in it, though it wouldn't half help if some of our strikers started finding the back of the net a bit more regularly.

EFL1 (Championship), Saturday 10/11/2018 : Derby County v Aston Villa, KO 15:00 hours.

05/11/2018 : I think this match will end up honours even, but naturally I am hoping for 3 points for AVFC.

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today : Derby County 2-2 Aston Villa

AVFC RFC SAFC

22 hours ago, dorset lion said:

A tough game but with over a third of the season gone this high flying Derby team are a mere 7 points ahead of us.

The league this season is wide open and we are capable of beating anyone in it, though it wouldn't half help if some of our strikers started finding the back of the net a bit more regularly.

Quite surprisingly they have only scored one more goal than us this year and have conceeded 17 in 16 games so we have a real chance here if we are at our best.

The problem is our away form. I don't think Dean Smith's away record at Villa or Brentford has been great this season either.

Mellberg_Signature.png

14 hours ago, avstu said:

Quite surprisingly they have only scored one more goal than us this year and have conceeded 17 in 16 games so we have a real chance here if we are at our best.

The problem is our away form. I don't think Dean Smith's away record at Villa or Brentford has been great this season either.

I can only judge his away form here ( such as it is after only 2 games ) we were hardly outclassed at Norwich from the reports I read and the stats would support that. They are now only off top spot due to goal difference, so no shame there. And QPR were lucky to get anything let alone a win. 

We are matching or bettering teams under Smith in every department except in front of goal, and its not an area you'd think we are lacking.

Looking at where Norwich are now only reinforces how tight the league is, if we'd beaten them that day we would have gone above them.

A tough game for us, a point would be nice

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy