Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
avstu

Aston Villa 2-0 Bolton

Aston Villa v Bolton Wanderers

Pre/post-match discussion, live chat and the verdict.

Smith.jpg

2018-19 EFL Championship. Matchday 16.

Friday 2nd November 2018

Villa Park

19.45 (GMT) Kick off

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I hope the recent results havent got into the players heads. We have played fairly well in the last few games so I think it'll be a comfortable 3-0 against poor opposition and at home. Come on now villa turn it on boys. UTV. 

EFL1 (Championship), Friday 02/11/2018 : Aston Villa v Bolton Wanderers, KO 19:45 hours - SKY.

29/10/2018 : After the false start, which I blame on the disruption caused by the poxy international break, I trust DS to send out the team on the first of a winning run.

Prediction (in Prediction League), made today : Aston Villa 3-1 Bolton Wanderers

AVFC RFC SAFC

Looking forward to this. A full week in training including an internal game. I am expecting a vast improvement.

Don't know why but i have a feeling we will stuff them here.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

14 hours ago, avstu said:

Looking forward to this. A full week in training including an internal game. I am expecting a vast improvement.

Don't know why but i have a feeling we will stuff them here.

I hope you are right mate. We need a clean sheet and goals from players who have gone dry like Grealish and Hogan if he starts. A small part of me thinks the players maybe jittery because they know we need a win here but who knows.

3 points please. 

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

It's not boring at all !!!

EFL1 (Championship), Friday 02/11/2018 : Aston Villa 2-0 Bolton Wanderers

The stream worked (!) and the play from AVFC was more like we expect from a DS side, attacking for most of the game and banishing the needless and negative square and back passing we had to endure under SB.
I will see the next match (AVFC v BCFC) live as I got my ticket in Upper Trinity Row A at half time.
The result tonight was well earned and lifts AVFC to 13th, pending the remaining games this weekend.

Attendance : 30,802 (SSN)

AVFC RFC SAFC

Can't agree with that boring comment at all! Excellent victory and much deserved for our recent efforts. We played really well in parts and clear signs of improvement under Smith in a very short space of time even if still a little raw and not without mistakes.

Creating chances, passing the ball, pressing for the ball back all alien concepts in recent times and great to see.

Great to see Chester looking more confident and assured. Tuanzebe very good alongside him again. Keeping a clean sheet on top of the victory a huge plus but the keeper situation is still critical and has to be sorted in January. 

Grealish being used much more effectively tonight and looked like he really enjoyed his football, a great player to watch. 

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."