FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Press Conferance

avstu

Press Conferance

The club seem to be making a big deal about the press conference tomorrow.

is anyone expecting something big? Another announcement type of thing or just a normal run of the mill press conference.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

20 minutes ago, JustRich said:

Smith and Terrys first day tomorrow isn't it? Probably something to do with that I'm guessing 

Asked the similar question on social media.

Someone said it’s  because the new owners now have the team they want and want to show case this, probably not far off the truth.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

9 minutes ago, Dublin Villain said:

Club interview with Dean Smith

15/10/2018 : Just seen that interview (on YouTube), very informative. DS comes across as level headed and well aware of what he needs to do to get the balance of the side correct. Also it was good to hear that John Terry will be fully involved in all decison making.

AVFC RFC SAFC

So we are well within  FFP rules then and Smith will have money to spend in January.  It seems to me that xia was that skint and the club were in that much financial sh*t that  he made out FFP and can't get money out of China was to blame. 

fliegetn0.gif

I'd be interested to know a few more details about the FFP situation, Purslow said that was now sorted but 3 months ago we were meant to be spending £40 million a year more than we turned over. How have we resolved that if owners can't just spend their cash ?

Still better to hear its sorted than be told we're still up sh*t creek.

I just hope the fans and the board give Smith time, in theory we are still very much in contention for promotion but unless he has a cunning plan for getting around our lack of defenders I don't think we are going up this year. But I am impressed so far with the actions of Sawiris and Edens.

1 hour ago, Patrick said:

So we are well within  FFP rules then and Smith will have money to spend in January.  It seems to me that xia was that skint and the club were in that much financial sh*t that  he made out FFP and can't get money out of China was to blame. 

The biggest thing to take from the press conference for me.

Purslow also stated we had a very good financial and management base at the club which is good to hear.

Mellberg_Signature.png

Archived