FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

29 minutes ago, Rocky said:

We will do what we have done before....just drift down to the championship, with a wimper.

If this club has any notion of ambition, it needs to change in its outlook, towards managers.

I would suspect, nothing will happen, if its going to, until after the cup final.

Purslow has not to my knowledge acknowledged the situation we are in, he appears more interested in developing youth players for other teams to reap the benefit.

"the team may be sh*t, but they are our sh*t" boldfinger

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have far to many midfielders not putting a shift in . We need wingers to track back and people to work and press Ball ds has to put this right or we will get relegated

Purslow is well aware that he got some one in to buy the players. And it’s failed badly he should also be held accountable 

Smith isnt going anywhere. This side will fall apart before this board sack him. The Cup Final glosses over the non show this season. I said in the Southampton match chat that too many times

It’s a sour situation. We all used to moan about Deadly Doug, but I look back and now think he ran it right. 

we now get these wealthy clueless owners. I foresee us being a championship club for many years.

Yesterday was shocking, another 14 hour day wasted by watching that shower of shite.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Smith isnt going anywhere. This side will fall apart before this board sack him.

The Cup Final glosses over the non show this season.

I said in the Southampton match chat that too many times this season we have not learnt from the errors and that lies with the manager.

• Like 1

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

When you look at where this club was 18 months ago maybe we should cut everyone at the club some slack.

If Smith finds himself out of work anytime soon the irony will be that long term he may have done better if he hadn't got us promoted.

If he could have built a championship team without loan signings, come up and added 3 or 4 quality additions it would have been far easier than what we had to do.

Needing to sign a dozen players good enough to compete and young enough to sell on so as not to harm our long term finances and all within FFP. 

We were all expecting a relegation battle and we've got one. The real frustration isn't the poor performances, its the good ones where we get nothing because somebody does what Engels did last week. Young players make mistakes.

I still think all things considered this club is in a far healthier position on and off the pitch compared to 18 months ago and still will be whatever league we are in next season. Should we go down I'd give Smith the chance to get us back up, a sentiment quite a few of us voiced 6 months ago.

UTV

• Like 1

23/02/2020 : Good post, Dorset. It is very easy to advocate sackings when matters go awry and tempers are frayed.

If we recognise that AVFC are a year ahead of schedule in terms of returning to the EPL, then the current situation although nowhere near acceptable, is preferable to ploughing through another 46 level 2 games to get a promotion.

A great Manager once said : 'It is easier to stay up than to get up'.

Let us follow Bill Shankly's wise advice and concentrate together on the business that needs to be done.

AVFC RFC SAFC

On 2/23/2020 at 3:46 PM, Larry-AV said:

23/02/2020 : Good post, Dorset. It is very easy to advocate sackings when matters go awry and tempers are frayed.

If we recognise that AVFC are a year ahead of schedule in terms of returning to the EPL, then the current situation although nowhere near acceptable, is preferable to ploughing through another 46 level 2 games to get a promotion.

A great Manager once said : 'It is easier to stay up than to get up'.

Let us follow Bill Shankly's wise advice and concentrate together on the business that needs to be done.

we are certainly not making the job easier to stay up.

On 2/23/2020 at 12:45 PM, avstu said:

Smith isnt going anywhere. This side will fall apart before this board sack him.

The Cup Final glosses over the non show this season.

I said in the Southampton match chat that too many times this season we have not learnt from the errors and that lies with the manager.

how many times have i said that av. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, rogerstan said:

how many times have i said that av. 

Its embarrassing isnt it.

• Like 1

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant